Ohio's Turn In a Poacher (1-800-POACHER)

FFKEVIN

Ohio's Turn In a Poacher (1-800-POACHER)

Postby FFKEVIN » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:05 pm

[font="Tahoma"][center]Image
1-800-762-2437[/center][/font]

[font="Tahoma"]Ohio's Turn In a Poacher, or "TIP" program is helping to curtail poaching throughout the state. TIP is designed to involve the public in reporting wildlife violations. Citizens who observe wildlife violations should record the information on the TIP form after clicking on the link below, and then submit it electronically via e-mail, call the TIP toll-free hotline (1-800-POACHER), or print it out and mail the form to the address at the bottom of the page. Please send in your TIP using just one of these methods (e-mail, phone or direct mail).

[color=#000000]You do not have to give your name . . . just give the facts.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/wild_resourcessubhomepage/TurnInaPoacher/tabid/17888/Default.aspx[/font]
[/color]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Ohio farms

RE: Ohio's Turn In a Poacher (1-800-POACHER)

Postby Ohio farms » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:39 pm

Two years ago I was on a fishing website and there was a guy bragging about taking double limits of walleye out of the islands of lake erie.  Many of the guys on line chastized him about his poaching.  He was an arrogant jerk. He was also from out-of-state.
I made a copy of all the conversations, wrote a letter explaining what was copied and sent it to DNR Tip line.  A week goes by....no answer.  Called and left a message on the 1-800#...they never called me back.
Next time I will not bother.

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:43 am

[font="Tahoma"]While I sympathize with your frustration, please don't give up on the system just because of one bad experience. By saying that "Next time I will not bother" you are letting the poachers win. You said yourself that "Many of the guys on line chastized him about his poaching." Maybe ODNR had a number of people call and turn that guy in? Maybe you were the 50th guy that called and they already had all the evidence they needed and didn't need to talk to you. Whatever the reason, please don't help the poachers get away with what they do.

Please use the above resource to help the ODNR catch poachers!!![/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:12 pm

It was said in frustration.  I'm still on board. Ethics are importint to me. 
However DNR could have acknowledged my call...even if they had hundreds of call on the  situation.  They have to have more PR skills than that. 

Return to Ohio