Deer in Wayne National Forest

RedBud

Deer in Wayne National Forest

Postby RedBud » Tue May 26, 2009 12:46 am

I hunted Wayne National during the first and last weeks of the spring turkey season.  I saw several deer and sign everywhere.  Deer hunting should be good this fall.  I had fun but didn't bag a turkey. I called turkeys to me twice but didn't see a beard.  The turkeys didn't seem to gobble very much this year.  Maybe the vocal ones have been killed off?

wolf60

RE: Deer in Wayne National Forest

Postby wolf60 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:46 am

How do you know when you are hunting on Wayne National Forest land? I bought topo maps of the forest but they just show big patches of green. I have been down there several times searching for W.N.F. land and found very little of it marked. How do you tell if you are on public land or private land?We have hunted S,E. Ohio for a lot of years and would like to check out some new places but we are never sure if we are on W.N.F. land. We would appreciate any help we could get on this issue.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:15 am

Check out this link

http://fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s. ... name=Wayne National Forest- Maps & Publications

You can order maps or go to the bottom of the page and there is a PDF, motor vehicle map that shows the boundries.  For the most part  once you find a spot in Wayne and get out in the woods the boundries are clearly marked.  In the past I hunted long ridge just out of nelsonville on St. Rt. 78. If I remember correctly the name of the town was buchtel. Also lots of nice places around Logan.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:02 pm

[font="Tahoma"]Here is another good link from the same site - Wayne National Forest - Hunting Info

Generally hunting is allowed anywhere on Wayne NF land. An exception is recreation areas with designated boundaries (campgrounds, picnic areas, parking areas, designated swimming areas, and trailheads) or areas where otherwise posted. [/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Return to Ohio