LATE SEASON HUNTING

JBOW1406

LATE SEASON HUNTING

Postby JBOW1406 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:10 am

[size="2"]WHO'S STILL HITTING IT HARD?
I'M  OUT EVERY WEEKEND....STILL HAVE THAT BUCK TAG!!!
ANYBODY HAVING ANY LUCK?[/size]

69Viking

RE: LATE SEASON HUNTING

Postby 69Viking » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:22 am

I have until Jan. 31 to get my Alabama buck.  I'll be leaving this Thursday for 4 days of hunting and then going back at the end of the month for 3 more days.  It's been warm in the south until this week.  I'm hoping with the full moon behind us and the colder weather the bucks will be moving around a lot more during daytime hours.  Local blogs have been reporting that the Alabama bucks are finally starting to chase does so this weekend could be the one! 

JBOW1406

Postby JBOW1406 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:40 am

WELL, I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK. IN OHIO WE'VE GOT TIL THE 1ST I BELIEVE. BEEN COLD AND WINDY AROUND HERE THE LAST COUPLE. HARD TO GET EM MOVING. SEEN LOTS OF GREAT SIGN, SOME FRESH RUBS. THINK OUR SECOND RUT IS IN FULL. BE OUT THERE SAT. TO BAG THE BIG ONE
THE DAY MY HEART DOESN'T JUMP OUT OF MY CHEST WHEN HE WALKS BY....PUT A FORK IN ME!!!!

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:11 am

[font=tahoma]I'm going to try to get out this week, but since I already got 3 does, it is hard to convince myself to go sit in this cold weather.  It's supposed to be in the single digits on Thursday and all day Friday...  Too cold for me... [&:][/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

cbhunter

Postby cbhunter » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:38 pm

I'm still huntin pretty hard, being a little picky on which days to hunt. Next couple of days are no go(too cold for meImage). Have to work the weekend, but I'll be back out Monday.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:58 am

Going to hit it hard this week, I'm off work again (not by choice) going try to fill the one tag I have left.  Been seeing  a ton of deer in the corn fields on my home in the evenings.  I plan on hitting the bedding areas in the mornings and the corn in the evenings.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:31 am

Havn't been out lately have to many hunny do list items I need to get done before its time to get the bike out but I have been seeing a few deer out in the corn feilds at night and early in the morning

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:32 pm

[font=tahoma]I'm headed out Monday, all day.  Then maybe Wednesday.  And then for sure Saturday & Sunday.  Then I'll celebrate the end of a great deer season by watching my Steelers win the Super Bowl!!![/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

3 to 1

Postby 3 to 1 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:00 pm

I took thurs. and fri. off, so i'll be hit'n it hard the last 4 days.  I was out when the days hit above 22deg., but didn't go out when temps. hit teens and below.  Deer are still coming to the property I hunt, but its been mostly late night and early morning.  My problem is they hang out at the parking area between 530am to 630am then head to the back of the property to bed down.  They come out of the beds from the north, circle the property and return to the south end of the beds, so they have an entrance and exit; but hang out in the open field around the couple of apple trees. I may have to sneek in at 430am and sit it out until they head back to the bed at daylight. I've seen them on the trail cam' and watched one morning from the truck.  Well, Good luck to everyone on the last weekend.  Keep me posted on how you guys do in the last week of the season.

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:28 am

[font=tahoma]I went out ALL day yesterday and braved the cold with no luck.  I saw tons of deer tracks in the snow all over, but I did not see one deer.  Maybe my shivering scared them off...[/font]

Next

Return to Ohio