232 in non typical taken in Faifield co.

Demoderby4

RE: 232 in non typical taken in Faifield co.

Postby Demoderby4 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:26 pm

Simply amazing animal!!! Awesome deer, congrats to the lucky man who arrowed that moster! Can't wait for a story!

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:13 am

Is this buck that was taken in a enclosure, and then tagged in as a free ranging deer, I believe it was from fairfield county also but I'm not for sure I misplaced the Ohio outdoor news paper with the article.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:19 am

[font=tahoma]I don't know anything about the photos.  [/font][font=tahoma]waterfowl artist[/font][font=tahoma] e-mailed me the photos since he couldn't figure out how to post them on the forum.  I e-mailed him trying to get him to post the entire story on the forum, but so far he has not done so.[/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:23 am

I'll try to find the paper is was in the most recent issue on the front page.

It may not be the same deer I believe the one in the paper was 218 or 216 inches.
Brad

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:30 am

[font=tahoma]OHHunter - I don't think it is the same deer.  Check out this link - http://www.ohiooutdoornews.com/articles/2009/01/29/top_news/news02.txt[/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:08 am

No it's not the same deer thanks for the link.
Brad

waterfowl artist

Postby waterfowl artist » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:33 am

The reason I have not posted any additional information on this buck was due to the owner not wanting  me to do so ! The editor of Deer and Deer Hunting contacted me last week wanting the story on this buck ! I gave him the owners name and phone number, and hopefully you will see the story in an upcoming issue of the magazine !
  I can tell you a few facts about this buck ! He was a wild free ranging buck taken with a bow on Nov. 14, 2008. He was taken outside a small town called Pickerington ! The hunter even has video of this buck when he was alive. The rack is totally amazing to hold, as I have never held one that big before, and the mass is unbeleivable ! Thats all I can say, as I will let the rest of the story to the owner to disclose ( and its quite a story too ) !

2Poppa

Postby 2Poppa » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:54 am

Thanks waterfowl artist, for your reply and the fantastic pictures, I'm sure they would be welcomed by any huntin' community but ... Please encourage the fortunate hunter to reply, We want the F-U-L-L report!
Thanks again,
2Poppa

Deer Editor,
Please let us know what issue it will be coming out in!
Thanks,
2Poppa

ORIGINAL: waterfowl artist

The reason I have not posted any additional information on this buck was due to the owner not wanting  me to do so ! The editor of Deer and Deer Hunting contacted me last week wanting the story on this buck ! I gave him the owners name and phone number, and hopefully you will see the story in an upcoming issue of the magazine !
I can tell you a few facts about this buck ! He was a wild free ranging buck taken with a bow on Nov. 14, 2008. He was taken outside a small town called Pickerington ! The hunter even has video of this buck when he was alive. The rack is totally amazing to hold, as I have never held one that big before, and the mass is unbeleivable ! Thats all I can say, as I will let the rest of the story to the owner to disclose ( and its quite a story too ) !

FFKEVIN

RE: 232 in non typical taken in Fairfield co.

Postby FFKEVIN » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:51 am

[font=tahoma]Thanks for the update, waterfowl artist.  I can't believe that big of a buck was taken right here in Central Ohio.  Can't wait to hear story either![/font]

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:48 am

ORIGINAL: FFKEVIN

[font=tahoma]OHHunter - I don't think it is the same deer.  Check out this link - http://www.ohiooutdoornews.com/articles/2009/01/29/top_news/news02.txt[/font]

Here's an update on the deer I was refering to, I guess they found out he's done it in the past 2006, and that he's has burned all his mounts. Read the story

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/article/20090211/UPDATES01/90211002
Brad

Previous

Return to Ohio