Ohio Roll Call

FFKEVIN

RE: Ohio Roll Call

Postby FFKEVIN » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:16 pm

[font="Tahoma"]No problem BHB.

Welcome BigBuckGrunter! Good luck this season and enjoy the D&DH forums![/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

rjohns46

Postby rjohns46 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:50 am

New member to the forum and new to bow hunting.  I live on my wifes family farm of 600 acres in Brown County.  I use to only hunt turkey.  I have always wanted to hunt deer, but my life did not allow me the time to do so.  Now I have the time, and I am ready to learn through experience, patience, and any tips I come acroos along the way.

RedBud

Postby RedBud » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:55 am

I live in Dayton, Ohio but hunt in SE Ohio.  I killed a doe in Meigs county during the first week of bow season.  I got another doe on the first day of early muzzle loader season. I'm still looking for my buck.  The lack of acorns this year hurts since I hunt in white oak woods mostly.

brobbuck

Postby brobbuck » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:50 pm

I live in Trumbull county and do most of my hunting here and Ashtabula and Harrison county. I hunt with a bow, shotgun and muzzleloader. Would love to go out and kill some wild hogs in either belmont or vinton counties as well if anyone has any info.

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Raised in Morgan County, but have lived in Jacksonville Florida for the past 4.5 years. My parents still reside in Morgan County and have 83 acres there. I take a week off every november to bowhunt. Haven't shotgun hunted since 2004. If I get home during the holiday season, I try to hunt during muzzleloader season, but that won't happen this year since they pushed back the season a couple of weeks.
I hate that they pushed the season back. A higher % of the bucks will have lost their horns. I'm afraid that the ODNR has turned hunting into a political profit game rather than for the good of the herd. I wonder how many spousal arguments took place due to muzzleloader season being close to Christmas? Wonder if that was the real reason they pushed the season back? Additional revenue.

3 to 1

Postby 3 to 1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Welcome to all the new comers. Please use the other message boards in the "Ohio" section. This way others know what to expect if they are in your area of the state. Also, let us know about your successes in the "Bragging Board" section so we can keep the Ohio tally up to date.

rescue4wes

Postby rescue4wes » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:36 am

hi all, i hunt in ross and vinton co, hunt anything with everything try to stay in woods as much as i can

Bucked

Postby Bucked » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:40 pm

I hunt in Jefferson near Steubenville also. Ohiobuck147 i probably know you, lol. I hunt a nice little 88 acre chunk that hunt by myself, i planted a 1 acre food plot and a couple kill plots that have paid off with some good pics and more exciting hunts. Also i hunt public lands that are trickier than any other place i have ever hunted.

xbow1

Postby xbow1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Newbie to this site. Killed my first deer ever this year. I hunt in hocking county. I got him on 11/15/09 and I'm still fired up about it. I tried to upload the pic ?.

epd68

Postby epd68 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:37 pm

HAMBDEN ORCHARD produces nice bucks if you scout but bring a gps or you may get lost in the thick 804 acres

PreviousNext

Return to Ohio