Buckeye state bragging board

OHhunter

Buckeye state bragging board

Postby OHhunter » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:28 pm

With the season starting this saturday I wanted to start a thread to post pictures and success stories.  Bucks, does, even coyotes let see what's going down around the state.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

deerhunter713

RE: Buckeye state bragging board

Postby deerhunter713 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:43 pm

Here is one I have my eye on.  He has showed up on my camera 4 times now, I haven't gotten a good look at his other side of his rack yet though.  The G2 that is visible has a nice sticker point coming off of it.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:56 pm

nice looking buck, good luck.  And he's out during the daylight hope you get him.
Brad

JHBB

Postby JHBB » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:25 pm

Got a doe this morning at 8:30.  I lucked out cause it was my first time out this season.  I saw two does working their way to me from about 75 yards away in the woods. They were stopping and eating the whole time.  I drew back when they got to about 25 yards.  Of course, instead of browsing, they kept walking slowly right toward my tree.  At 5 yards, she was still walking, quartering towards me.  I decided to take the shot instead of letting the bow down and trying turn around and draw back on the other side of the tree with the does so close. 

The shot was almost straight down and as she ran off I could see the fletching of my arrow sticking out of the top of her back.  She ran about 100 yards towards the edge of a pond until I couldn't see her anymore.

I was worried I hit her too far back and didn't get any lung.  After waiting a half hour I slowly tracked the blood trail and found her with in 125 yards.  It was a pretty good blood trail so I was confident it was a good shot.  The arrow went in next to her spine and came out just past the end of her rib cage.  She was bleeding out of the mouth so I'm guessing I caught the back of her lungs. 

The suburb I hunt in requires us to kill a doe before we can shoot a buck, so I'm happy I'll be buck hunting for the rest of the year.  And now I get to restock the freezer which has been out of venison for a while. 

cbhunter

Postby cbhunter » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:13 am

Good job!! I hope things go that well for me, as I still haven't made it out.Good luck the rest of season>

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:13 pm

below normal temps, the next few days, looking forward to getting out.

Congrats on the doe JHBB.
Brad

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:48 pm

Good job JHBB.  Good luck on that buck.  Hope to see more of you here soon Panman
Be Aware, Bikes are Everywhere!!

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:01 pm

Got my first bow kill tonight.  Shot a small buck because he wouldn't leave my stand and I just couldn't wait to get my first bow killed deer.  He is an ugly deer with a messed up 3 point rack and a weird body and color, but he is mine.  Wanted to get a doe or two and wait for a nice buck, but he commited deer suicide by staying under my stand too long.  Hope everyone has a good season.  Will post pic if I can figure it out. Panman
Be Aware, Bikes are Everywhere!!

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:23 am

ORIGINAL: Panman1949

Got my first bow kill tonight.  Shot a small buck because he wouldn't leave my stand and I just couldn't wait to get my first bow killed deer.  He is an ugly deer with a messed up 3 point rack and a weird body and color, but he is mine.  Wanted to get a doe or two and wait for a nice buck, but he commited deer suicide by staying under my stand too long.  Hope everyone has a good season.  Will post pic if I can figure it out. Panman

Good job on the first bow kill, looking fwd to seeing some pics.  Good luck on the does.  I'd be happy just to see a deer right now.
Brad

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:39 pm

Here is what I'm looking for this year I have got 2 pics of him in the same area about 30 yards from my stand

Next

Return to Ohio