Buckeye state bragging board

FFKEVIN

RE: Buckeye state bragging board

Postby FFKEVIN » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:58 am

[font=tahoma]Shot this doe last night.  She was only about 10 - 15 yards away.  My arrow hit her high (probably because she was so close) and hit her spine.  She dropped instantly, looked like her back legs were paralyzed.  I immediately nocked another arrow and shot her through both lungs to finish her off.
[/font]

[font=tahoma]On the bright side, no tracking needed... [/font]

�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:17 am

Congrats on doe #2.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:15 pm

Well Here it is My sons first deer kill. He shot it saterday at 8:30 am she was out at 50 yard first I wasn't sure he shot it I got down from the stand walked to ware it was standing and saw nothing walk down to the last spot it I seen it and then I found a small drop of blood so I walked back got him and. We jumped the doe once and she got up and ran he hit it about 4 inches to far back. At time we was on his hands and knees looking for blood then about 11:30 we gave up lost the last blood drops couldn't find anymore So we gave up. we went inside and at lunch and he was really down in the dumps but we told him that sometimes no matter how good the shot some you don't find so we went back out in the woods at around 3 pm and we seen 4 more deer and he wouldn't shot. So we got out of the stand around 5 pm and told him we would take another look for it so I parked the truck at the last spot we had any blood and we walked another trail and back out on the path and there it was I pointed it out to him and told him to go get his deer so we walked in and dragged it out made me a very proud Dad o yea by the way it dressed out at 140 lbs

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:29 am

That's awesome, congrats to the both of you.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:04 pm

Thank you OHhunter very proud of him

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:16 pm

here is a doe I shot sunday morning can't tell you what she weighed dressed but my sons doe was 140 and she was bigger then his doe Kind of a mercry shot. somebody shot her and made a bad shot but I didn't know it untill I found her

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:35 pm

[font=tahoma][size=4]I shot my 3rd doe of the season on Saturday morning.  I missed her once when she was about 100 yards away.  She circled around and came by me again at 75 yards.  I shot her and she only ran about 40 yards and went down.  She is very big.  Definitely the biggest deer I shot this year.[/font][/size]

�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

halebp

Postby halebp » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:41 am

Got my first buck on Dec. 20th.  First time I ever hunted with a gun, but could have easily taken this guy with a bow.  15-yard shot, dropped him in his tracks. 

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:14 am

[font=tahoma]halebp - Beauty of a buck!!!  Nice job!!![/font]

halebp

Postby halebp » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:32 am

Thanks, long season finally paid off!

PreviousNext

Return to Ohio