Tagged Out - Seasons over!

deerhunter713

Tagged Out - Seasons over!

Postby deerhunter713 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:43 am

Well, I finished out my season today with my last doe.  Shot her at 20 yards with my TC Pro Hunter - last day of muzzleloader season.  Then I donated her to the "hunters feeding the hungry" program.  I think next year I'll donate more of them to that program.  I love hunting them, and the population needs thinned...but I can only eat so many of them every year.  Shot my buck and 1 doe during bow season, 1 doe during gun season, and my last doe during muzzleloader.  Time to clean and wash everything and put it away!  A little depressing, but satisfying at the same time... 
NRA Life Member

The Second Amendment should have been the First Amendment, because without the Second Amendment, there would be no other rights.

69Viking

RE: Tagged Out - Seasons over!

Postby 69Viking » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:10 am

Where I hunt in SW Alabama the season runs through January 31.  The rut starts at the end of December and runs into February so this is the best time to get a buck.  I shot a doe already so now I'm just going to be trying to get my son his first deer and get my buck for the year.  We plan to go up to deer camp this weekend and two other weekends before the season is out so hopefully we'll have success like you have! 

Congratulations on a successfull year and on donating to the needy!  Maybe next year you can donate to some folks in Wisconsin, they seem to be have a rough go of it there by all the posts they have complaining about a low deer population and the Wisconsin DNR!  Luckily where I hunt in the South the deer are a plenty, just not as big!    

deerhunter713

Postby deerhunter713 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:24 am

Viking - thanks and good luck!  I don't know why Wisconsin is having low populations...did they get hit by chronic wasting or what?  Our bow season here in OH runs through the end of January and depending on where the weekend falls, sometimes into early February...I've used all my tags up though, so my season is over.
NRA Life Member

The Second Amendment should have been the First Amendment, because without the Second Amendment, there would be no other rights.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:40 pm

Congrads on the doe! It's always nice to see a hunter donate a deer to others. :)
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Return to Ohio