Ohio's Youth Deer-Gun Hunting Season Set For November 22-23

FFKEVIN

Ohio's Youth Deer-Gun Hunting Season Set For November 22-23

Postby FFKEVIN » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:21 pm

[left][font=tahoma]Ohio's Youth Deer-Gun Hunting Season Set For November 22-23 [/font][/left][left][font=tahoma][/font] [/left][left][font=tahoma]COLUMBUS, OH - Ohio's youth deer-gun hunting season will be held Saturday and Sunday, November 22-23, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Wildlife.[/font][/left][left][font=tahoma][/font] [/left][left][font=tahoma]"The youth deer-gun hunting season is a great opportunity for young hunters to experience the challenge of hunting and spend quality time with their families," said David  M. Graham, chief of the division.[/font][/left][left][font=tahoma][/font] [/left][left][font=tahoma]Young hunters killed 10,515 deer during last year's two-day season.  The Division of Wildlife anticipates more than 40,000 young hunters will participate in the upcoming hunt. [/font][/left][left][font=tahoma][/font] [/left][left][font=tahoma]Hunters can share photos of their success in the field online by visiting wildohio.com and clicking on Photo Gallery. The photo submission process is easy and posted photos may be e-mailed to a friend. [/font][/left][left][font=tahoma][/font] [/left][left][font=tahoma]The youth deer-gun season is open statewide to hunters 17 years old and younger. Hunters may take one deer of either sex during this season, in accordance with  existing bag and deer-zone limits. Plugged shotguns, muzzleloaders, handguns and bows are legal. All participants must wear hunter orange, possess a valid Ohio hunting license and a $12 youth-deer permit, and be accompanied by a non-hunting adult in the field. [/font][/left][left][font=tahoma][/font] [/left][left][font=tahoma]All other regularly scheduled hunting seasons will continue during the two-day youth season. However, other hunters, including deer-archery hunters, are required to wear hunter orange during this period.[/font][/left][left][font=tahoma][/font] [/left][left][font=tahoma]This year, Ohio's deer-gun season runs December 1 through December 7, with an additional weekend December 21-22.  Details regarding Ohio's various hunting seasons, including those exclusively for young hunters, can be found in the 2008-09 Ohio Hunting Regulations or by visiting wildohio.com. [/font][/left][left][font=tahoma][/font] [/left][left][font=tahoma]The Ohio Department of Natural Resources ensures a balance between wise use and protection of our natural resources for the benefit of all. Visit the ODNR web site at ohiodnr.gov.[/font][/left]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

shank0668

RE: Ohio's Youth Deer-Gun Hunting Season Set For November 22-23

Postby shank0668 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:58 pm

hopefully ill get one then!

ohio_giant_hunter

Postby ohio_giant_hunter » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:26 am

My wife's friend has two sons and their father passed away recently so I took it upon myself to take them both on the youth hunt this year and every year good Lord willing. It is so inportant to get kids involved in the outdoors and teach them right way to do things because they are the future of hunting.

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:35 pm

My son got shot his first Deer a doe today after a long search we found it very proud of him

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:09 pm

[font=tahoma]Tell him congrats!  I can tell you are proud.  [/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]I can't wait to take my son hunting.  How do you know when they are old enough?  I know it depends on the kid, but how old was he when you first took him out?  (My son's only 18 months, so I have a little while to figure it out...)[/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:24 am

[align=left][font=tahoma][b]Ohio's Young Hunters Enjoy Special Two-Day Deer Hunt[/font][/b][/align][align=left][font=tahoma][b][/font][/b] [/align][align=left][font=tahoma][b][/font][/b][font=tahoma]COLUMBUS, OH - Young hunters across Ohio again enjoyed success during the sixth annual Youth Deer-Gun Season, held Saturday and Sunday, November 22-23.[/font][/align][align=left][font=tahoma][/font] [/align][align=left][font=tahoma]Hunters age 17 and under killed 9,852 deer during the special two-day season, aimed at providing a high-quality hunting experience for younger Ohioans. Last year's youth hunt saw a deer harvest of 10,515.[/font][/align][align=left] [/align][align=left][font=tahoma]The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife estimated 40,000 young hunters took to the state's fields and forests during the two-day season. Counties reporting the greatest number of deer killed were Tuscarawas-454, Holmes-422, Harrison-353, Licking-346, Guernsey-339, Knox-303, Washington-296, Muskingum-273, Jefferson-213, and Athens-209.[/font][/align][align=left] [/align][align=left][font=tahoma]The youth deer-gun season was open in all 88 counties. Young hunters could take one deer of either sex, in accordance with existing bag and deer-zone limits. All participants were required to wear hunter orange, possess a valid Ohio hunting license and special deer permit, and be accompanied by a non-hunting adult.[/font][/align]

Return to Ohio