NY resident looking to hunt OH

shootalot523

NY resident looking to hunt OH

Postby shootalot523 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:59 pm

Can't afford expensive guides, so I'm seeing if anyone would be willing to help me try to get my first decent deer.  I'm an avid handgun shooter and very responsible and serious about hunting, just don't have friends or family who hunt.  I'm dying to get out of NY and hunt in Ohio.Please email if you can help or would like to know more about me.  I'm a suburban guy who should have been raised in the sticks.  I'm 33, elementary school teacher and father of two kids.  I don't have land and don't know anyone with good hunting land.  

creek bottom

RE: NY resident looking to hunt OH

Postby creek bottom » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:50 pm

I live in Ga. and I will tell u that hunting Ohio is a lot of fun. I have went there for the last two years and hunt the state parks ( saltfork state park ) and have seen some great bucks but was not able to get the shot. They have a lot of parks that r great hunting ,so check them out. Good luck

3 to 1

RE: NY resident looking to hunt OH

Postby 3 to 1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:03 pm

shootalot,

You should be able to go to Ohio dept. natural resources web site to find public hunting land nearest to you from NY. The first one I can think of is some of the public hunting and fishing land around Pymatuning lake at the Ohio PA. border. There others but, thats the first one I could think of.

Return to Ohio