Activity around the state.

OHhunter

Activity around the state.

Postby OHhunter » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:24 am

What's going on where you hunt? Any rubs, scrapes, summer buck groups breaking up yet? 
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

cbhunter

RE: Activity around the state.

Postby cbhunter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:42 pm

Went out driving around tonight, see two nice bucks(1 shooter for sure)together in a cut bean field. Not seeing the big groups together, but still seems like bucks are together. I'm no expert but looked like a 3.5 and 2.5. Smaller one was 8, not sure if the bigger was 8 or 10. Sucks that won't be able to get out in mourning, after seeing them got the blood going.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:40 pm

We went out driving around this evening saw several nothing big, several small bucks and bunch of does. 
Brad

JHBB

Postby JHBB » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:06 pm

I found a couple of nice rubs about 3 weeks ago when I set up some of my stands.  Our trailcams having been getting pictures of the bucks by themselves, so it seems their groups are starting to break up. 

My buddy made a mock scrape last week by one his stands and put a trailcam on it.  All he did was clear the ground under a branch and urinated on it.  No deer lure or deer scents whatsoever.  He got 5 pics of different bucks sticking their noses in or standing right by the scrape. 

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:14 pm

Saw lots of deer out moving after the rain ended early this morning, hopefully it stays cool for a while.
Brad

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Seeing alot more deer, this latest front has them up on thier feet and moving.  I saw more deer in last two days than I have the entire season.  It also helps that alot of crops have been harvested, pushing the deer into back into the woods.
Brad

Return to Ohio