Permission for Hunting on Private Land Form - from ODNR

FFKEVIN

Permission for Hunting on Private Land Form - from ODNR

Postby FFKEVIN » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:18 am

[font="Tahoma"]Click here for a "Permission for Hunting on Private Land" Form from ODNR Division of Wildlife.

A MUST have if you are hunting private land that is not your own![/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

FFKEVIN

RE: Permission for Hunting on Private Land Form - from ODNR

Postby FFKEVIN » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:10 am

Per ODNR -

Hunting with Permission

The landowner's written permission is required for hunting and trapping on private land, regardless of whether the land is posted. Permission slips are available at Division of Wildlife district offices and some license outlets.

The Penalty for Hunting Without Written Permission

The maximum penalty for hunting without written permission of the landowner for a first offense is 60 days in jail and a $500 fine. The maximum penalty for a second offense is 90 days in jail and a $750 fine.

A person must carry written permission at all times while engaging in hunting or trapping on private land and exhibit it upon request to a state wildlife officer, sheriff, deputy sheriff, police officer, other law enforcement officer, owner of the land, or the landowner's authorized agent.
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:42 pm

I filled out the slip last season (after my run-in with the DNR two years ago) and had the property owner sign it. She left it 'open ended'... no end date. Love it! I usually leave it in my truck but I guess it's a good idea to have it with my gear while I hunt. I hunt way back on this 80 acre property and would 'hope' the DNR would not go that deep into the property. I know he is allowed, but the owner is a firecracker and I am guessing she would give the DNR all sorts of heck if he tried to walk her property. It would actually be quite entertaining to watch though. This DNR guy is real arrogant and a bit harrassing to hunters, so he is that much more unlikable.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:18 pm

I spoke with a DOW officer a few years ago about written permission slips on my property. He said  that they do not go onto property to look for trespassers unless the property owner requests it.  Currently I do not bother to give permission slips to people that I allow on my property for that reason.  If trespassers become a problem, then I will.
Just an FYI. 

RichardH

Postby RichardH » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:17 pm

Question, do hunters have to use the form from the ODNR? Can we just have a note to the same effect? No where does it say that one HAS to use it. Always wondered about this little fine point. Happy Hunting. Be Safe.

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:34 am

I don't think you "have" to use the form, but it couldn't hurt to use it. Just make sure whatever you use has the same info on it as the form.

muzzyswuirrel@gmail.

Postby muzzyswuirrel@gmail. » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:41 pm

id play it safe and use the form because it ties up all the loose ends and covers all terms
muzzysquirrel

kellory

Re: Permission for Hunting on Private Land Form - from ODNR

Postby kellory » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:19 pm

I have run into this before guys. You do not have to use any set form, HOWEVER, it must have your name and the land owner's contact info on the form. It can NOT be open ended! It must show what season it is for!. Easy way around this is to write out multiple slips for each hunter, Each will show it is for one year only. I usually do two or three years at a time. submit them to the land owner and ask him to sign all premade forms. They could be business cards. I keep a folder just for permission forms for difrent locations. That stays with my gear. Always keep the form with you while hunting. Game wardens can and DO walk on to your land in the middle of a hunt. They do not need your permission. And if he goes to the bother, he will ask to see your permits, pemissions, and check you gun for a plug. Believe it!
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:58 pm

I also recommend You get WRITTEN permission to persue from any neighboring properties. It is required to cross that fenceline.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Ok, guys, my permissions slips have arrived! Both farmers have given thier consent, and the slips are in my wallet, ready to hand out to each hunter. I'm set! They do not need to be long or involved. I call ahead to let the property know to expect them and send a single sheet, simple and direct:............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Thank you for allowing us to hunt your property. Please sign and return each slip, as they will be seperated and handed out to each hunter. Let me know what your scheadual is like, and we can see the property and meet the people. Thanks again, LXXXX ShXXXX (614)xxx-xxxx) LXXXXX ShXXXX has my permission to hunt my property at xxxx JXXXXee XXXXXX rd. Bidwell Oh. (for all game during the 2011/2012 season.) Xxxxx Xxxxxxx (614) xxx-xxxx X_________________________________________________________________________ .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I leave enough room to seperate the slips easily and each hunter gets his own. , put a self addressed stamped envelope in with it for return. I have had good success with this method.

Return to Ohio