Set up "Profile Photo"

Tips and tricks for using this forum
hunt4ever

Set up "Profile Photo"

Postby hunt4ever » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:55 pm

I have a problem up loading the attached 27.6 KB .jpg photo in my profile.  When I go to upload the attached photo in "Set up Profile Photo", I get a message that the photo "exceeds the limits", but the photo is 27.6 KB and the site limit is 1 MB.  Can you please advise what I am doing wrong or advise me how to load it in my Profile Photo.

I would be unstoppable...If I could just get going!

gunther89

RE: Set up "Profile Photo"

Postby gunther89 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:02 pm

You have to have it be 145 by 145.  I know with my set up I had it in inches and I had to change it to pixels.  Otherwise keep making it smaller and eventually it should work.  I hope that works for you.  
Scott

wack

Postby wack » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:06 pm

I've been trying to use this pic for my profile and it keeps telling me exceeds size limits. I've cropped it as small as I can. Why will it down load here and not for my profile?  

American by birth, hunter by choice.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:49 am

ORIGINAL: wack

I've been trying to use this pic for my profile and it keeps telling me exceeds size limits. I've cropped it as small as I can. Why will it down load here and not for my profile?  

I think it obvious. It's because you're scary. I'm surprised it loads here -- or anywhere on the Internet. Al Gore never intended for the Internet to show stuff like that!

Actually, wack, I have had the same problem. I haven't been able to load a picture in my profile either. I'm hoping someone who's not a smart-alek comes up with an answer.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

wack

Postby wack » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:56 am

I tried wearing a mask but that pic wouldn't down load either. Maybe me head is just too big? I really didn't want it to be that scary, I wanted the whole pic of me sitting in my boat on the Wisconsin river.....I cropped it down just to see if I could get it to down load. It worked here but not on my profile.
American by birth, hunter by choice.

dewey

Postby dewey » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:47 am

Testing my avatar photot.
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:30 am

To resize pictures, I just open them with paint,(Right click on mouse)Click open with, Then click paint.
go to image at the top left of screen, Click on stretch-scew. Depending
on the size of your picture. You will have to play with this option, Its not hard to learn. You have to decreace the numbers in the boxes from 100 % to 50% or mabey less.
I keep a seperate file witch I copy pics to for downsizing,
After applying the % change, Click the x top right of screen
Then click on save changes.
I'm Not an expert for sure. Hope this helps.
Also if you go to my pics. Open a folder. Put your pointer you want to downsize, It should tell you the pic size, Dimenison and KB. Downsize the photo until you see the dimension of 145 x 145 or less. Jake

Return to Forum rules and help