resizing pics

Tips and tricks for using this forum
jonny5buck

resizing pics

Postby jonny5buck » Tue May 08, 2012 3:21 pm

I know this has been brought up before but couldnt find it in the search box...i recently purchased a 7.1 mega pix camera and have some pics downloaded on my computer...i have tried editing them in''paint'' with the stretch /skew and they are still way way to big...any info about the easiest way to resize to the proper dimensions would be greatly appreciated...should i try another program??? editing software that will make it easier? etc etc...

I would love to be able to start posting pics on DDH of stand set-ups /hunts//etc. any help would be appreciated...By the way im a novice computer guy if you cannot tell already.... :lol: thanks Jon~

P.s i appreciate the help from members last yr who resized photos for me..time i got it down myself,-

Deebz

Re: resizing pics

Postby Deebz » Tue May 08, 2012 7:27 pm

I've had mixed results with the Microsoft Office Picture Manager... when you open a pic to view on your desktop and it opens the window with the slide show deal, there is a tab that says Edit Pictures on the toolbar deal at the top. You can then play around with dimensions and autocorrect features and stuff. I just make sure that I always keep a clean copy of the pic saved before I change anything. That way if I screw it up I don't lose my original pic.

Of course, you have to have Microsoft Office to have that program. I'm sure PhotoShop will let you do lots and lots of things as well, but I've never used that program.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue May 08, 2012 9:01 pm

I had no trouble resizing photos with Windows Vista, now I'm using Windows 7. What are you using J5B?
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:09 pm

jonny5buck wrote:I know this has been brought up before but couldnt find it in the search box...i recently purchased a 7.1 mega pix camera and have some pics downloaded on my computer...i have tried editing them in''paint'' with the stretch /skew and they are still way way to big...any info about the easiest way to resize to the proper dimensions would be greatly appreciated...should i try another program??? editing software that will make it easier? etc etc...

I would love to be able to start posting pics on DDH of stand set-ups /hunts//etc. any help would be appreciated...By the way im a novice computer guy if you cannot tell already.... :lol: thanks Jon~

P.s i appreciate the help from members last yr who resized photos for me..time i got it down myself,-

Did you ever get your pic sizing problem solved? What version of windows are you using? ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Return to Forum rules and help