I have permission to hunt , but land owner says it's indian

edward1977

I have permission to hunt , but land owner says it's indian

Postby edward1977 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:41 pm

I have permission to hunt some land along the beaver creek in southern Oklahoma. Although the land owner says I'm on my own since it's indian land. Does anyone know how I can get full permission from the Indians. I'm a little lost!

edward1977

Re: I have permission to hunt , but land owner says it's ind

Postby edward1977 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:50 pm

I am wondering if anyone knows how to get full permission. I have read that if I have the land owners permission to hunt than I'm ok. The land owner himself says that since it's indian land I can't harvest the animals. There has to be a way to get around this. Anyone have any info

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:14 pm

If you really are on Indian lands, then you might as well be in another country. it is sovereign territory just like an embassy. I would think you would need permission of the tribal elders at the very least.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

edward1977

Postby edward1977 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:50 pm

Since my post I have found out that I have to get permission from every living member that has any deed to that land, must give me written permissio. I know the farmer that leases the land, even he can't hunt. I'm currently tracking the deed holders down. Indian affairs is the only way to get it done. I'm not sure I will get anywhere, but this land is a deer hunters paradise.

Return to Oklahoma