Oklahoma Hunter Education

tbone

Oklahoma Hunter Education

Postby tbone » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:55 am

How many of you have completed the ODWC Hunter Education Course?

I was grandfathered in because I am Ummmmm..... Old. Anyway I took my two boys to Wyoming last year for a Turkey hunt, and We were all required to have Hunters education cards. So my boys and I took the course in Ponca City last year. At first I was a little disgusted in the fact that I had to spend two days in a class room, but I was pleasantly surprised, not only were the instructors top notch, I learned a lot about various things.

The class is free, and it is a lot of fun, the Instructors proctor a final exam that everyone must pass to earn there cards, but they make sure everyone is up to speed on all the relevant information that will be on the test.

Even if you don't need it, I would recommend it, take some kids with you, if you don't have any children take some of your family members children or a friends, its well Worthy of the time for the Children, as well as some of us "old guys."

You can find a list of upcoming courses in your area by visiting the web site.
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/
Hunting safe, all the time.

oneida54

RE: Oklahoma Hunter Education

Postby oneida54 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 am

I also recommend the IBEP Bowhunter Education coarse. This is required to bowhunt in some states along with your Hunter Safety card.

Return to Oklahoma