2012 PA Season

ishman

Re: 2012 PA Season

Postby ishman » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Thank you guys! No it actually wasnt the same one that i hit earlier. The one I hit earlier did make it. Ive seen him 2 times spotting and got a glimpse of him running a doe early last week. Slight limp and thats about all. This deer is one that I have been watching all year but hadnt been able to see him while hunting. He was quite a traveler. I have video of him from august 2 miles down the road. And 2 different property owners between had pictures of him. I sure am glad he was with a doe on my lease!
Eric

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Hunt the does, if you want the bucks.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

ishman

Postby ishman » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:09 am

Thanksgivings over and mondays gun season is fast approaching. I will be taking my brother in law on his very first deer hunt monday. After serving in the military he decided hes ready to give deer hunting a try. Better late than never. Good luck to everybody this season.
Eric

ishman

Postby ishman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Here a picture of my brother in laws very first buck. It was such a thrill to see how happy he was when he got it. I was pretty impressed with one shot kill. It was the first deer he ever shot at. This was his first year hunting and he is 37 years old. Never to old to get into hunting. Hes hooked for life now!
Attachments
johns buck small.jpg
johns buck small.jpg (30.18 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
Eric

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:27 pm

This is my second 10-point of the year. On Thanksgiving day I shot a New York 10-point (see New York forum), and then on opening day in Pennsylvania I shot this one:

The New York buck weighed 170+. This one weighed 140. Pretty good year -- 300+ pounds of venison, and about 250 inches of antler.

Steve.
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:16 pm

very nice deer, gentlemen. nicely done. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to Pennsylvania