Antlerless tags

dtrain56

RE: Antlerless tags

Postby dtrain56 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:31 pm

not yet i am a non resident, they don't go out until the 27th, and i don't know how many tags are left for 2f, or 2d but if i don't get one then i will gwt my do in ohio...

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:49 pm

Same here. Check cleared, but still waiting on the tags for 5B, with 5A as my second choice. 
Dave M.

wingbone

Postby wingbone » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:09 am

dtrain,

As of 7/24/09, 12 noon - 2F has 753 tags left. 2D has 24,807 ( www.pgc.state.pa.us and click on doe license update.)

I also hunt 2D and was hoping for an extra unsold tag. Need to find some hunting ground in 2B. They can't give those tags away.

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:38 pm

yeah, i'll be lucky if there are any left for 2f but 2d is only about 30minutes away from my cabin, it will have to do

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:39 pm

no where to hunt in 2b, but plenty of deer

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:09 pm

well got my antlerless tag and yes it was for 2d, i little disapointed but i guess i'll have to hunt for a doe on state games lands instead of my own property...

i forgot to look into land owner tags this year, anyone know what the procedure is and how much land you need to have to qualify????

but it was pretty sweet to be able to look on pals to see the results of my application already!!!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:25 pm

2F is now officially sold out. I'm hoping 1B will have enough left that I can get another one there. Otherwise, a buddy of mine has access to land in 2A, and we may go down there where the tags will never sell out.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:32 pm

ORIGINAL: dtrain56

but it was pretty sweet to be able to look on pals to see the results of my application already!!!

Yes, that's pretty sweet. I heard you could do that, but I hadn't done it yet. I knew I got the antlerless tag because my check cleared the bank. I just looked online and it was confirmed through the system. Who says the PGC is stuck in the past?

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

cmarberg18

Postby cmarberg18 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:26 pm

I just want to thank the game commission for now limiting the number of doe tags I can purchase with my own hard earned money. The multiple tags I would get every year for 2A went very far to feed my family thru the winter and well into the summer every year. Guess Ill have to revert back to the olden days where what I need, tag or no tag, I will take for my family. Thanks again for Big Brother stepping in and telling me what I can and can't do. Progress in PA... I think not.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:18 pm

ORIGINAL: cmarberg18

I just want to thank the game commission for now limiting the number of doe tags I can purchase with my own hard earned money....

Point me to where you are limited in the number of tags you can buy. I got one for 2F before they ran out, and I plan on sending for one from 2A or 2B where they still have tens of thousands. Can't you continue to buy them, one at a time according to the schedule, until they sell out? That gives equal opportunity to all who want tags.

ORIGINAL: cmarberg18

Guess Ill have to revert back to the olden days where what I need, tag or no tag, I will take for my family....

Not trying to start an argument here, but what olden days are you talking about? I remember the days when you could buy no more than one antlerless tag, you had only one day to fill it, and you had to fill it in the county where you bought it. If you shot a buck, you were not eligible to shoot a doe, and if you filled your antlerless tag in archery season, you were not eligible to shoot a buck. It seem to me that we're much better off now, especially in WMUs like 2A where antlerless tags are so plentiful.

As far as needing meat goes, there are ways to get venison without poaching it. Most Pennsylvania WCOs are willing to give illegal kills to good people who they know will use the meat, and besides that there are the programs for venison donation.

Steve

Next

Return to Pennsylvania