Anyone hunting the flintlock season?

Everyday Hunter

Anyone hunting the flintlock season?

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Is anyone here hunting the PA flinter season? It came in Dec. 26, and goes out Monday, January 16. I hope to get out this week, but a big snow is just starting to hit northwest PA. Might be good on the tail end of this storm.

Steve.
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

mhouck06

Re: Anyone hunting the flintlock season?

Postby mhouck06 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:01 am

Planned on taking the bow out for late season, but got called out each day I was planning to hunt.. So as of now, I just have cameras out. Leaving for Vegas tomorrow... so maybe when I get back I will head out. Good luck!

ishman

Postby ishman » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:06 am

Went out yesterday with a few of my buddies. My one friend and I both shot does. Thats after i miss fired 3 times one in the morning. Gotta keep them things dry. This is probly my favorite time of the year to hunt.
Eric

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:40 pm

I have not got into flintlock, I am gonna take the bow out here Friday for my last hunt/scout for the year...if the weather holds off.I started my winter archery shoots, plus bowling so time holds me back.

ishman

Postby ishman » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Well today im officially puting an end to my deer season. With much frustration of course. This morning 30 mins after daylight here comes the buck ive been after all year. Walks up to me 30 yds broadside and CLICK. Not once but twice before he realized i was there and then bolted. Darn flintlocks. But sure was fun and nice knowing that hopefully he will be bigger next year.
Eric

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:19 pm

could you have taken a bow along with you? Here in IL you cannot bowhunt during firearm season, but I think it would be cool if you could take your bow and your gun wth you... That way if you got an opportunity up close you could use your bow, and keep the gun for the longer shots...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Return to Pennsylvania