2013 Sheds

DaveYak

2013 Sheds

Postby DaveYak » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:43 am

Anyone finding sheds in PA so far this winter? I haven't gone out and never really have specifically gone out looking for them, but might give it a shot in the next week or two! I am hitting the icy lakes in NEPA hard and having great success so breaking away from that while the action is good and the ice is safe will be tough! Also I am breaking out the diaphragm turkey calls and warming up the vocals, it's about time to get into turkey mode!
DaveYak,
Land of the free,
Home of the brave,
Faith in God that'll never waive!
Do It To It Outdoors @ Facebook

ishman

Re: 2013 Sheds

Postby ishman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:41 pm

Found my first shed of the year today. Wasnt really looking for any but found one checking my camera. Of the 14 I had pictures of after season, only 2 are still carrying antlers. Also heard some turkey gobbling while in the woods so that got my blood pumping a bit. Headed out tomorow morning shed hunting. Hope to find some more.
Eric

DaveYak

Re: 2013 Sheds

Postby DaveYak » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:24 am

That is awesome that you found a shed not looking for it, that's the way I would probably find one if I did. I am always looking while turkey hunting in the spring but have never found one. To hear that the birds are gobbling is awesome, I can't wait for the season to get here, wish PA opened up there season a couple weeks earlier! I am in complete turkey mode, I'm giving a Spring Turkey hunting seminar at my local church's Sportsman's Dinner and all this talking about turkey hunting is getting the blood pumpin for sure! I heard major gobbling twice this past fall while deer hunting which was awesome to hear, since then I've been looking forward to spring.

Good luck out there and hope you were able to locate a few more sheds and maybe even hear a gobbler or two!
DaveYak,
Land of the free,
Home of the brave,
Faith in God that'll never waive!
Do It To It Outdoors @ Facebook

Return to Pennsylvania