Sunday Hunting ???

Tim50

Re: RE: Sunday Hunting ???

Postby Tim50 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:37 am

SlyAsADoe wrote:I am against it.  Sunday is the only day that livestock (horse/mule) owners can safely take their horses out without fear of getting them shot out from under them.  You wouldn't want to be cooped up in a stall for 2 weeks would you?  Living next to SGL makes no difference, if hunters are going to wander from gamelands onto private land during the week, they'll do it on a Sunday too.

Are these livestock owners taking there animals out on their own private property? How do other states, that have Sunday hunting, do it without the needless slaughter of horses & mules??? Do accidents happen? YES Are there slob hunters? YES!! BUT IMO, eventhough the slobs get ALL the press, the good hunter are the VAST majority. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. I just feel it is time to open up the woods on Sunday's to hunters.

bmstaaf

Re: Sunday Hunting ???

Postby bmstaaf » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Having to keep animals inside is not a legitimate reason not to have Sunday hunting because your just as likely to shoot a person...people who shoot livestock should not be allowed in the woods they obviously don't know what their shooting at and that's not hunting..]

jansman

Postby jansman » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:26 pm

I'm a truck driver and I deliever to a lot of farms, in the Martinsburg, Roaring Spring area. Every farmer I have talked to that allows hunting now, said they would post their land if sunday hunting passes. As much as I want to be able to hunt sunday's. I would hate to lose that hunting land. They all also said that if it was on State Game lands only, they would do the wait and see aproach. I would like to know how many of these farmers were screaming at the PGC 8yrs ago to thin the herd, and how many took Goverment money for crop damage? I would let them post their land ,but make them ineiligable for any more goverment money. It is like anything else everyone wants it their way.

ajkremer22

Postby ajkremer22 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:30 am

All the farmers say they are going to post there land if Sunday hunting is allowed. Well if they do, who is going to keep the herd in check and minimize crop damage. If they own the land and they don't want Sunday hunting, then guess what, don't allow Sunday hunting. It is there land and there right to put limitations on the land they own. But to post the land and not allow any hunting and think that is going to solve the problem is absolutly ridiculous.

ajkremer22

Postby ajkremer22 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:43 pm

Please everyone in PA read this article and then send your state rep an email, call them or do whatever to let them know you are for this Bill. We need to get this passed and the only way it is going to happen is if we let them know we want it. I contacted my representative, will you?

http://outdoornews.com/pennsylvania/new ... 002e0.html

cmarberg18

Postby cmarberg18 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:31 pm

How can all the other states which have Sunday hunting still have a deer heard, but PA being one of the biggest states in the union with more deer than everyone but maybe Wisconsin and Texas have our heard dwindle to nothing because of an extra 6-7 days per year. All the anti-sunday people please answer that for me. We as a state will kill that many deer in 6-7 more days per year that our deer heard will be nothing at all. I think not. Sunday gives me personally at least 3 more days per year i can be out in God's creation enjoying what i have waited months for. If you dont want to hunt Sundays, easy solution.....dont hunt Sundays!

doit

Postby doit » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:23 pm

I am for IT, Private and SGL land, Nature lovers can hang out in state parks and safety zones. plenty of recreation area around that don't allow hunting, I have yet to hear a reasonable reason not to.

Previous

Return to Pennsylvania