baiting in pa

mhouck06

Re: RE: baiting in pa

Postby mhouck06 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:30 am

firman wrote:Hey danesdad, maybe they bought a piece of property so they could do just that, i know i did so i had guaranteed place to take my sons.  now they have to find a new location, maybe we'll show up where YOU hunt.  I hunt prime deer habitat, woods, farms, with all kinds of feed, hundreds of acres and lucky to see a couple deer. Now you tell me thats right. I could kill a deer every year, buck or doe, but, have to put in alot of vacation time to do it.  Hopefully some kid will get a chance at a small buck or doe i pass up, and i refuse to shoot a doe.  Doe are for kids, i feel bad for those fathers who want there children to hunt with them but wont because they go and dont see anything.  Next year i'll buy just regular license because i hunt coyotes all over the state, if i kill a deer with my bow i'll buy a tag same with bear.  I live in union co. and the deer hunting here stinks.

i hope i misread your post.. the way im reading it is if you kill a deer with a bow, then you will buy your tag?

PA is right on with the way they are managing the deer herd. You may have to hunt a little harder than years past, and no you are not going to see deer everywhere and everytime you go into the woods, but the herd is healthier as a whole. PA needed this in the worst way. They may have taken it a little far in some areas to start, but they are adjusting accordingly.

cmarberg18

Re: baiting in pa

Postby cmarberg18 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:10 pm

The "Holy'er than Thou" in PA will never let this or Sunday hunting in this state. I am truly shocked were "allowed" to hunt with in-lines and crossbows. This state is so back-asswards its sad. We can advertise quads in the hunting digest but don't let the PGC catch you riding one even if all you have one for is a meat wagon. Also minerals and feed are sold everywhere one can see, but if a trace residue is found near your hunting site you will get written up. Absolutely amazing! I spoke to a male out in Wyoming a few years back, it was a sports shop in Jackson Hole. I was buying a fishing license and asked what tags i needed, his response was just my regular license for everything. I asked about a trout stamp? Maybe a special "Snake River" permit? Anything else than a regular fishing license? His response to me will stay with me for as long as I live: "Son, were still free out here." Even though that was a fishing license, how true of a statement. PGC rules this state with an iron fist. Its time for that to end and rites be granted back to us, the citizen, the hunter, the taxpayer. If I want to hunt over a pile of apples, I should be free to do. Doesn't mean for a second that I will harvest anything, I may be an atrocious shot but I should still have that choice. Not saying I would hunt that way, but I still should have that choice. Now I am not advocating open bag limits so please dont think I am, but if I am to harvest a deer for the meat and that is a good way of doing so, then that should be MY choice to make if I believe its ethical or not. Disagree if you desire to, agree with me if you will. Just wish this state will come out of the dark ages and join 2011 or 2012 while we still have a chance.

Tim50

Postby Tim50 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:50 pm

Are food plots a form of baiting?

ishman

Postby ishman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Heres the thing with baiting. In places with little to no hunting pressure where baiting is legal, like texas, most deer will feed on bait daylight hours. Including mature bucks. Just watch any hunting show that is filmed in texas. In high pressured areas, mostly only younger deer will feed during daylight hours and older mature deer will wait til way after sundown. From a standpoint of stictly reducing deer numbers baiting will work. But if your area recieves much pressure it wont take deer long to hit the bait later and later since it is always there. Baiting has seemed to help with contoling deer numbers in urban areas where hunter access and property sizes are at a minimum. People seems to think that throw out some bait and hunting is all the sudden easier. In a sense it can be, depending on what it is you are after. The disease spreading issue will always be there. I recently saw that wisconsin brought back baiting but with restrictions on how much you can put out to try to keep disease from spreading. Some love it, some hate it. Ted Nugent thinks anyone who doesnt do it is an idiot and bashes states for not allowing it. I personally would not bait if it was legal. Its just not for me. But i would never bash someone who shot a deer over bait and was happy with it.
Eric

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:56 pm

I would not use it, but I wouldn't care if it was legal..would it make my hunt harder heck yea! I just love the sport how it is!

Previous

Return to Pennsylvania