Government shutdown/ hunting public land

ripper7

Government shutdown/ hunting public land

Postby ripper7 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:33 pm

It may be a stupid question but I was wondering , if the government shuts down due to the fiscal cliff,/debt ceiling/budget will the national forests be off limits for hunting(WMA)

rthomas4

Re: Government shutdown/ hunting public land

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:33 am

Sequester shouldn't affect the Federal WMAs in SC, since they don't have check stations, and you have to go online to get your map and pass. The Federal and state game wardens still have jurisdiction, so nothing will be different.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

shadow357x2

Postby shadow357x2 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Besides how can they enforce anything if they are shut down. Just kidding, I aint telling you to break any laws by any means, just being a smarta*&
Overkill? Whats that? dead is dead.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:25 pm

I've only hunted a Federal WMA, once. It doesn't make sense to me that on them we have to use either blackpowder rifles, or shotguns with slugs, if we're going to use a gun. I've never hunted a state WMA, since I do all of my hunting on private land I own, land my dog club leases, or the hunts where we get invited to private plantations.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

ripper7

Postby ripper7 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:12 pm

Has anyone have had any trouble hunting on WMA land in Sumnter National Forest since the shut down of the federal government

Return to South Carolina