First two days of the new deer season..........

rthomas4

First two days of the new deer season..........

Postby rthomas4 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:24 am

......have been a bust. I've seen one doe with two very small fawns, one doe with a much bigger fawn, and a four point buck that's too young to shoot. On the dog drives, the deer have run in the opposite direction of my locations down in the swamp. Hopefully, it'll be a little cooler this evening and maybe some improved action will be the result.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, , ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL still flying the Stars and Bars!

Ohio farms

Re: First two days of the new deer season..........

Postby Ohio farms » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:44 pm

At least you're deer hunting. I've got 1 1/2 months to go. Good luck and don't forget pics
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Deebz

Re: First two days of the new deer season..........

Postby Deebz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:21 pm

I wish I could already be hunting deer! I teach high school science, so it's back to the grind for me next week. I work in the summers with the custodial staff, so I'm still putting in 40 a week, but I'm sure I'd take some time off if I could hunt deer in August.

Get 'er done and do some braggin!
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Return to South Carolina