First two days of the new deer season..........

rthomas4

First two days of the new deer season..........

Postby rthomas4 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:24 am

......have been a bust. I've seen one doe with two very small fawns, one doe with a much bigger fawn, and a four point buck that's too young to shoot. On the dog drives, the deer have run in the opposite direction of my locations down in the swamp. Hopefully, it'll be a little cooler this evening and maybe some improved action will be the result.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Ohio farms

Re: First two days of the new deer season..........

Postby Ohio farms » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:44 pm

At least you're deer hunting. I've got 1 1/2 months to go. Good luck and don't forget pics
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Deebz

Re: First two days of the new deer season..........

Postby Deebz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:21 pm

I wish I could already be hunting deer! I teach high school science, so it's back to the grind for me next week. I work in the summers with the custodial staff, so I'm still putting in 40 a week, but I'm sure I'd take some time off if I could hunt deer in August.

Get 'er done and do some braggin!
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Return to South Carolina