How is your season?

1Morgan

How is your season?

Postby 1Morgan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:26 pm

We live in a "liberal limit" state...how's everyone doing? I've got 3 nice bucks and a doe down now.

I offended some people with my verbage, i have corrected it. It is not fixing it on the main page. I tried...
South Carolina Low Country

ripper7

RE: How are the stacks?

Postby ripper7 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:43 pm

I got one and have an itch to get more. Hunting in Union County seen some nice ones but unable to connect. Rut was running last week do not know how much longer that will last . I talked with one guy and says the easy hunting in the oak ridges is over and the deer are wiser and sticking to the thickets cut overs and the river bottoms. I guess i need to change my methods. any tips

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:02 pm

The rut has been slow coming in down here. The temps have been up and down. One buck will have a swollen neck and the next will not. I'm fortunate to have a great spot amongst some transition areas between cutovers, mature pines, and hardwood bottoms. The last two weeks they have come out of the cutovers. They are hit and miss on the corn right now, still lots of acrons and other browse.
South Carolina Low Country

SC bowhunter

Postby SC bowhunter » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:04 am

I shot a doe opening day with my bow.all i have seen is does and a couple young bucks.im after a real nice 8 point but it looks like  he only moves at night.got some trail cam pics of him.he comes to my food plot around 11 at night then moves back through about 4:00 am. gotta love it.

Gutrunner

Postby Gutrunner » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Added a nice 8 point on 11-04-10. He was trailing a doe I've watched since bow season. Shot him when he stopped to freshen a scrape. Got him at the taxidermist because of a unique rack. There were holes in both mainbeams that just added character worthy of a shoulder mount. His daddy is still out there, been after him 3 years now. Bowseason- 6pt and 3 pt. Muzzleloader- 6 pt. Rifle- 2 does plus this one. Let a spike walk Tuesday because the freezers are full. A good year so far. I only got a 8pt last year. I hunt for meat because I have not found a recipe for antlers yet.

shadow357x2

Postby shadow357x2 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 am

My season (short as it was) was great. I only had 3 days to hunt during a 10 vacation from Iraq, so that left very few options. As luck would have it a friend of mine took me to his place in Orangeburg county. The first day he shot at about 7:00 am right at first light, taking down a 7 point 158 lb , about 5 minutes later I took out a 115 doe (freezer meat)
The next morning we went back and vefore daylight I was watching through my nv monocular a heard of about 20 does and maybe 4 bucks feeding. Sitting there waiting for shooting light (legal) I change over to my rifle and can see sillouttes of the next offering to my freezer. withen about 2 minutes Im already zoomed in on the doe I want and my scope goes black, quick zoom out and its a beutiful 8 point. I guess you know the rest of the story, he now resides in my freezer. All this was in mid oct and he was already swollen and stunk to high heaven.
So to sum it up my short season was great thanks to Greg taking me to his property and letting me sit.
Thanks for friends
Now Im back in the desert and still have a itchy trigger finger, but it will have to wait till next year

Gutrunner

Postby Gutrunner » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:08 pm

To shadow357x2: Let me say congratulations on your hunt. I would also like to say THANK YOU for your srvice to our country. Stay safe and be careful.

JayBird

Postby JayBird » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:29 pm

Had a crazy season this year.  Saw almost no bucks the whole year, and when I did bloody one up, I couldn't find him (which was a first for me).       But I did manage to shoot a 170lbs eight point on 12/18/10.  On what will most likely be the last time I'm in the woods for the year. So at least I got some meat. I felt the rut was strange this year, but I guess it was just that way for me personally because talking to other hunters everyone was killing nice deer.  Hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday season.[img

s.c.hunter

Postby s.c.hunter » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:35 am

had a great year got 3 4 1/2 year olds 2 8 pointers and a 7 all in gov woods grunt worked great for me go true talker!!

Return to South Carolina