just seeing what hunters in my state might think this deer scores

SC bowhunter

just seeing what hunters in my state might think this deer scores

Postby SC bowhunter » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Im in york county.i have been using a product called rack up for about 3 years now.I can really tell the difference in antler size.younger deer have more mass and more points.i use to use salt blocks.but it didnt help much on antler growth.

SC bowhunter

RE: just seeing what hunters in my state might think this deer scores

Postby SC bowhunter » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:17 pm

here is another pic from the side.i know he's not a monster like midwest bucks but he looks pretty good to me.i dont have much land to hunt.but i have been growing food plots and using minerals for awhile now.i started about 15 years ago.i didnt know what i had on my property until trail cams got cheap.over the years i have upgrade trail cams.and now i have really been able to tell a difference in antler size sense i changed to a mineral supplement instead of just salt.i know he's not the biggest thing in the woods but hey for the south and kinda in the suburbs.my hope is to really get a pope & young deer.but i was just wondering what you thought of his size and maybe potential.

extrmhntr

Postby extrmhntr » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Since no one has posted on this i'll try. I killed a buck with alot of the same looks to him but he wasn't as wide as that one and mine after deductions was 124" so i'd say with the spread beating mine you may have a 130" or better. Carolina bucks are hard to judge and that one has a rather big body so it at times makes the horns seem smaller. But thats just my two cents worth. Take it for what you may.

B1gbuck

Postby B1gbuck » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:05 pm

I hunt in Lancaster County,South Carolina.We have been trying to manage this property for trophy deer for about 7 years.This year a member took a very good buck ,especially for South Carolina.

John Beckworth

Return to South Carolina