WHAT DO YOU THINK

prohunter

WHAT DO YOU THINK

Postby prohunter » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:17 pm

What do you guys think about tn changing some of the harvest rules?
Things like antler sizes # of points , and how many bucks.
Do you think it would improve are buck herd or hinder it?
And how come some counties are allowed to take three does a day and with a rifle why not the whole state.
Don't you think we all should have the same chance and opertunity?
Last season i counted 29 deer together and not one had a horn longer than their ears.
Maybe we should have a earn a buck system ,maybe 2 does before you can take a buck.
I dont think the trophy hunters would mind ,and the meat hunters need to shoot more does instead of young bucks. Because i think this state can have a trophy deer also!
What do you think?
jim
take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids.

bowboxer

RE: WHAT DO YOU THINK

Postby bowboxer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:01 pm

i see what you are saying the the state has it set up to manage the deer herd in different units because each unit has different needs.i would love it go back to the two buck limit and take away the december gun season.i didn't hunt much this year but saw a lot of deer and nice bucks.far as earn a buck i think a point limit could be better and leave the does harvest the way it is.

prohunter

Postby prohunter » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:46 pm

hey boxer, i see what your saying but ,im talking about these guys that go out and kill young bucks with out doing any doe management at all. if they had to kill some does first i feel that the buck herd would improve. and i dont have anything aginst anyone killing a small buck, but i think doe herd has gotton out control. and i have neighbors that kill a spike and tell me that they had done him a favor, that he wasn't never going to amount to anything ,i just dont feel that way, i think if they had a chance to grow up ,that they would be more than just a target.
i think that my ways of thinking might be out dated ,but some thing needs to be done .
if anyone has better idea just chime right in, untill then i'll just keep killin 2 or 3 for one.
jim
take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids.

stalker

Postby stalker » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Due to the large and diverse habitat in Tennessee there needs to be different harvest regulations to properly manage the deer population. I for one would hate to see the late December deer season be dropped. I have more success during the late season when there are fewer hunters in the woods and the weather is much colder.

Return to Tennessee