how is the hunting going.

bowboxer

how is the hunting going.

Postby bowboxer » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:10 pm

i have not been much. three days the season so far. today i saw deer bucks spike,four and a six piont within ten yards.i saw a big buck chasing a doe earlier in the season. thats it.

extrmhntr

RE: how is the hunting going.

Postby extrmhntr » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Man i'm out towards the KY line and its been spotty around here for the deer. Some are just covered up and have does that have been in heat for 2 or 3 weeks now but on me i have seen two hot does but thats all i've seen. I'm guessing my property will be another two weeks if the weather stays right before they really start hitting it hard. Last week i finally started seeing the big boys again so I take that as a sign my does will be in here soon. Hows it going in your woods?

bowboxer

Postby bowboxer » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:32 pm

i have seen deer and shot two great bucks with a muzzleloader, and can't find them, one was a ten piont or better and the other was a 9 pionter.going in the morning, far as chasing i saw chasing early in the bow season now nothing.

extrmhntr

Postby extrmhntr » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Man i'm sorry to hear that about the bucks. I've lost a few and it hurts to hear when someone has that happen. Yea same here. I had bucks running does hard last month and then the rut is supposedly on us and nothing. I'm hoping it will pick up and not be a hit or miss year like that experts are saying its going to be. I have too many good bucks i've had an eye on for them to just lay low all year. Good luck to ya in the morn. I'll be out there. With this rain finally breaking hopefully they will be moving.

bowboxer

Postby bowboxer » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:26 pm

good luck to you to, kill a biggen.

extrmhntr

Postby extrmhntr » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:18 pm

Today was a gorgeous morn here. My and my buddy went out. He went to his box blind and i hopped in a buddy stand on the ridge next to him. I bumped two on the way in and about 6:20 had an 8 come in and thought he was going to get so close i could look at him under the burlap on the stand. He left and that was all i saw. My buddy had a spike come in early and then big bodied deer running a doe on the hill next to him but he never could see anything but the flash of white horns. I'm about to get dressed and head out again. Had to eat and catch i bit of shut eye. Cooking turkeys for church tonight so i don't wanna be falling asleep watchin em fry..

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:16 pm

I still haven't been able to get out for rifle season. I went out twice during muzzleloader and saw nothing both times. This season hasn't been much to write home about. I went back to WI to hunt with the family and we had the worst season ever. I sat 5 days and saw 3 does on Sunday.

I'm ready to fill the freezer w/ an itchy trigger finger.
From those who much is given, much is expected

bowboxer

Postby bowboxer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:52 am

i haven't been in along time.the day the guy won't let us have the deer was the last day i been.hope yours are doing good.

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:24 am

I went out Sat. morning. I pushed a couple walking in and out. I saw a little spike and 5 does. I wish that I could be out in the snow this morning.
From those who much is given, much is expected

Return to Tennessee