How's the rifle season going?

kevjack6

How's the rifle season going?

Postby kevjack6 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:02 pm

Has anyone had any luck? This mild weather and high winds certainly led to a disappointing weekend for me. Just a few deer seen, no bucks. I'm still getting a couple of pics on my trail cam of a nice 8 and a smaller 2 1/2 year old buck so I know that they made it through the weekend. Only problem is, it's in the middle of the night.

Good luck to everyone.

kevjack6

Re: How's the rifle season going?

Postby kevjack6 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:34 am

This is my VT buck. Shot him Saturday morning at 7:15 and he weighed 155# completely clean.

This buck is particularly fulfilling for me because I got out of my comfort zone and what was easy to get him. I have a really nice food plot that I normally sit over and I quite often see a lot of deer but no decent bucks (except by trail camera after dark). Because I always see deer and the pics I would get, it has been very difficult for me to sit anywhere else even though I have a couple of good stand locations in other parts of the property.

Well, during the week leading up to this weekend, I had to work and could only sit in my food plot for an hour in the morning and a couple of evenings and I wasn't seeing much. So, I made up my mind that this weekend I was going to do my best to sit in the other spots that I picked out and it paid off! I've known for a few years that during the rifle season I should be sitting in these other spots but it's just been hard to do.

This is the 8pt that I was getting pictures of that I mentioned when I started this thread. I have a picture to post but I guess I need to resize it. Sorry!

TJR

Postby TJR » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:04 am

Kevjack - Way to go! Congratualtions on layin' him down! resize that pic so we can see him.

I am hearing mixed reports on rifle season for sure...the weather has definitely been a factor in my hunts, putting a damper on deer movement and rutting activity. I am particularly excited about the chance for a decent storm in the next day or two, and i hope i can find this guy:

2011_7_8Pt.jpg
2011_7_8Pt.jpg (63.26 KiB) Viewed 3526 times

Goodluck guys!

TJR

kevjack6

buck picture

Postby kevjack6 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:10 am

Here is the pic! TJR, it looks similar to the one you have on camera!
Attachments
RSCN7322.jpg
RSCN7322.jpg (27.17 KiB) Viewed 3515 times

sacredhunter

Postby sacredhunter » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Well done KevJac!

Return to Vermont