Any deer?

kevjack6

Any deer?

Postby kevjack6 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:04 am

Hey everyone,

Just checking in to see what you are seeing for deer? Any bucks? Do the numbers seem to be down in your area? According to the reduction in the # of doe permits that will be issued, the State seems to think that there must have been a significant winter kill.

vt_archer

Re: Any deer?

Postby vt_archer » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:11 am

Haven't seen the same deer in the same places this year.. could always count on seeing them at this part of the road, crossing here, hanging out there, etc.. not so far this summer. I'm hoping that will change going into September.

Still have seen a bunch of tracks though; unfortunately, as soon as I move my trail cam, the tracks magically seem to appear at the last place the cam was mounted :D

kevjack6

Postby kevjack6 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:47 am

yeah, about the same here. I'm getting a couple of small bucks on my cams but only a couple of does with fawns. A PILE of apples this year though! I've never seen anything like it. I bet i've seen 20 trees or more that have split from the weight of too many apples.

vt_archer

Postby vt_archer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:43 am

That's funny.. I was checking my cam yesterday and thinking "wow, I haven't seen apples on that tree before".. must have thought that two or three times. Looks like a bumper crop for sure. From the weather reports, looks like a lot of them are going to be on the ground come Monday, unfortunately.

Return to Vermont