2012 Season Looking Good

FindmeOutside

2012 Season Looking Good

Postby FindmeOutside » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Due to limited funds I lack the equipment needed for successful bow hunting so I am forced to sit and wait for black powder to come in, while I wait I really enjoy observing pre and during season. Here are a few shots I've taken recently while waiting on the time to hit the woods. The large 8 is appearing to be a pet of mine lately as I see him frequently, insipired by Deer and Deer Hunting I've seeked out a spot for years now that the deer were comfortable enough with me around to remain natural in their state and give me incredible footage and shots like you see on the TV Show. I don't have the land or resources to raise them like Charlie has but this is as close as I can get to it. The darker two photos are of him lying down, walked right up on him and he allowed me within 10 yrds. Look for video footage on another post here. Enjoy and please comment.
Attachments
8pt6.jpg
8pt6.jpg (272.57 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
8pt3.jpg
8pt3.jpg (291.47 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
8pt2.jpg
8pt2.jpg (290.53 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
8pt.jpg
8pt.jpg (319.36 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
Browning 7mm 08 Leupold 3x12 fed with Hornady Ammo = Dead Deer
Nikon D7000 70-300mm AF-S = Great Photos

oletimer

Re: 2012 Season Looking Good

Postby oletimer » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Great photos...really enjoyed them. How old is this guy ? Would guess 3 1/2 or maybe 4 1/2.

Wish I could reply with some good ones from around here but last year hemoragic desease got into our herd. ALL the up and coming bucks must have not made it because neither myself or the couple others that hunted around me never set eyes or trail cameras on them last year. We do have a good number of small guys come along now but none that are "shooters" this year. Suspect it will take us a couple more years to get back to being excited about seeing some bigger bucks again. At least around the house. Can only hope to catch a big boy cruising from somewhere else. Has happened before so will keep me out there hoping.
lead follow or get out of the way

FindmeOutside

Re: 2012 Season Looking Good

Postby FindmeOutside » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:31 am

Thanks, the next trip I make out they should be really picking up in activity, I'll be lucky to see this guy again this year. I was thinking he was right at 4 but you may be right, he may be only 3 1/2 or so! I definately have his area figured out so hopefully I will have more photos of him next season even bigger :shock:
Browning 7mm 08 Leupold 3x12 fed with Hornady Ammo = Dead Deer
Nikon D7000 70-300mm AF-S = Great Photos

Return to Virginia