First deer

usmclowrider

First deer

Postby usmclowrider » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:12 am

I'm new the forum here and it seems there is a lot of useful info here.

I have been hunting since I got out of the military 2 years ago and finally got my first one on Thanksgiving. I got a nice sized doe on my dad's property in Orange County.

Anyway, I look forward to reading some good stories and learning a lot from other hunters here.

oletimer

Re: First deer

Postby oletimer » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:59 am

Congrats on your first deer. Hope it is just the beginning of a long lifetime of hunting adventures.
lead follow or get out of the way

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:00 am

I realize a year has gone by but congrats on your first deer and hope you have your second by now ;) ;) More important I wanted to THANK YOU for your military service!!!!
Doug

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:16 am

Welcome to the forum, sir, and thank you for your service. Any luck yet this year? I just finished a 5 day (mostly) hunt with 6 guys, and we got skunked. High winds had the only deer we saw, bedding down out in the largest stubble fields, and completely usapproachable. (Though we surely tried) no meat at all this hunting trip.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

spencer

Postby spencer » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:04 am

Congratulations on getting your first deer! Like so many things, it's never quite the same after the first time ha ha.

Return to Virginia