Antler Restrictions

mb915

Antler Restrictions

Postby mb915 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:33 am

Whats everyones take on Antler Restrictions in VA?  Do you think we need it, would it beneifit the herd?

My personal opinion is that VA should reduce the number of bucks we can harvest, currently 3 down to 2 a season.  Also the the first buck can be anything from a spike to a state record, but once the first tagged is filled the second tag would require that the next buck have at least 4 points on on side.  This would ensure that all the hunters who only get out a few times can still get their buck, and a spike might be a tropy to some people.  Also it would not make it so the youth would be unable to harvest the first buck they saw, which would go along way to keeping kids interested in the sport.

I think by doing this it would help a few of the younger bucks reach maturity and help have a more diverse age group of bucks. 

This is just my two cents, doesnt mean its right, and also does not mean i could not be persuaded into thinking differently.  So sound off and let me know what you think.

Return to Virginia