Roundtable meets with Dr. Kroll

Dan Salmon

Re: Roundtable meets with Dr. Kroll

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:08 am

Another point to ponder...

Kroll has not said as much in relation to managing the deer herd as he's said in relation to managing the hunting population to this point. Read between the lines guys. This is why WBH's is so involved and is getting invitations because of political favors, not because of their conservation record or social issue record in regard to hunters. Making darn sure that whatever comes down the road in hunter regulations doesn't affect them, is what they are all about, not what is best for all WI Sportsmen. To think otherwise is naive.

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:59 am

retch sweeny wrote::?: :?:

You dont have to like that the meetings took place or who was involved. Its not a requirement in the least but the snippy tone just makes you sound silly. Just sayin.

This just shows how completely out of touch you are. It has become pretty obvious who the silly one is at this point. Sorry, but you are only a champion of WI hunters in your own mind. If you really cared about how WI hunters feel about things, you should be trying to understand and incorporate their ideas rather than dismissing and alienating them. A little research show that you have created this same animosity on several websites dedicated to allowing hunters a forum for discussion. You can hide behind some notion that you are valiantly fighting your fictional enemies, but many of the hunters you dismiss are not lobbiests like you, they are the real hunters you pretend to care about. The fact that you so easily dismiss so many people who disagree with you is pretty revealing. We are not as stupid as you seem to think, nor are you as smart as you seem to think. I for one, have no interest in being represented by someone so closed minded. I only hope Dr. Kroll is a good enough judge of character to see through you and others like you in Madison.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:57 am

PGChambers,

Well said. I really don't mind the non-political, agenda driven Retch, in fact I kind of like him and think his other posts are informative and interesting. I also don't doubt for a minute that everyone has opinions and ideas and that they are not going to disagree sometimes, but the closed minded, my way or the highway, get ours before anyone else attitude that he expresses is what I disagree with.

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Yeah, I happen to like a good debate with an opposing viewpoint. What gets under my skin, is spinners who use plausible deniability and rationalization, thinking their audience is not smart enough to see through it, and then act like they just can't see how you could possibly take things the "wrong" way when you do. Don't piss on my head and tell me its raining and then tell me to be thankful for the rain. The thing is, many people who spend too much time in and around government don't know how to act any other way.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Dan Salmon wrote:PGChambers,

Well said. I really don't mind the non-political, agenda driven Retch, in fact I kind of like him and think his other posts are informative and interesting. I also don't doubt for a minute that everyone has opinions and ideas and that they are not going to disagree sometimes, but the closed minded, my way or the highway, get ours before anyone else attitude that he expresses is what I disagree with.

I agree, Retch is a fine hunter, humorous, mechanicly talented. But this fundimental fear of the crossbow is offputting, It is so rabid , :|
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

umpiremark

Postby umpiremark » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Nuff said guys. I agree ... the less we hear from Retch, the better off this forum will be.

Hopefully this Kroll fella can see through the "me, me, me" attitude of the WBH association. Which by the way, if you really were the "Wisconsin" Bow Hunters Association, one would think you'd represent Wisconsin Bowhunters, not your organization, solely.

Buh-bye now.
One day my ship will come in!! My luck, I'll be at the airport.

MacGruber

Postby MacGruber » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Glad to see Gary Alt is on the team. I'm hoping this means some form of buck protection management is coming to WI... at least for some units. I'm sure there are units where the majority of the hunters would not want this (primarily up north) but I would think there are some units where a majority want to get out of stone age deer management.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Preserving, promoting and protecting the archery deer season is no small task and takes constant attention to ensure that the bright spot in WI hunting license sales does not suffer the same ills as the gun deer season (which is unrepresented and engaged in by an unaffiliated group of unorganized hunters, all moving in a different direction.) For more than 70 years, bowhunters have enjoyed representation at all levels of policy making. It should come as no surprise that they are one of the key stakeholders during these deliberations with the deer trustee. This may be a sore spot for some of the unaffiliated deer hunters but that does not mean that organization tasked with role of bowhunting watchdog should opt out. In fact its all the more reason to participate. This is too important to be left to chance.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:25 am

In every generation, there are those who mean to rule wisely,....but they mean to rule.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:43 am

Favor and fortune smile upon the engaged, prepared and willing and since half the battle is showing up, I’d say we are ahead of the game.

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin