WI 2010 Hunting Journal

Goose

WI 2010 Hunting Journal

Postby Goose » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Well, the season is approaching us again, its now less than a month away! I figured we will start this thread again and start collecting some great data from all over the state.

Last years journal was a great success again, we had 21,900 hits and 722 entries! These journals are a great tool for us to use in the future regarding deer behavior throughout the various stages. We now have 2 years worth of great entries, lets make this year another success. Tell your friends and chime in with honest entries, lets make this the place for WI hunters to go to see whats going on throughout the state!

I wish you all the best of luck this year and I pray that all of your hunts are safe. Enjoy the time out in God's country and appreciate your hunting partners and even the solitariness. It doesn't matter if you get the buck of a lifetime or a fawn, as long as it is legal, it is your choice and I certainly wont take that away from you. I hope to see pictures of your successful hunts, whether its with a deer or some hunting partners.

I am predicting a good year as far as big bucks and fawning. A pretty mild winter with a wet spring and summer should put the herd and racks on a good track. Maybe a new record buck this year?

Best of luck and please hunt safe!

2008 Hunting Journal - http://forum.deeranddeerhunting.com/tm.aspx?m=6926
2009 Hunting Journal - http://forum.deeranddeerhunting.com/tm.aspx?m=44114
What County people are in - http://forum.deeranddeerhunting.com/tm.aspx?m=33711

-Jake
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Goose

RE: WI 2010 Hunting Journal

Postby Goose » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:15 pm

We have all of our stands set up and shooting lanes cleared.
We have some work to do yet but nothing major. We have to knock some of our corn down so that we can hunt the field, mow our clover, and maybe plant some rye in a week or 2. Believe it or not but we need rain!
We'll continue to check our cameras but for the most part we will be staying out of the woods.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Goose glad the 2010 Hunting Journal is up.  I really enjoyed coming on at night and seeing what everyone saw that day. 

BWB and I just got done hanging our final 2 stands this past week and all we have left to do is keep shooting our bows and checking cameras.  We are staying out of a couple areas that are normally good during the early season in hopes of getting a doe down early.
Scott

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:54 pm

I was waiting for this![:D]

All the stands are hung. Just have to put the cushions on and check shooting lanes. I had some problems with the bow but took that in a couple days ago and she is good to go. Did'nt get out at all last year so this will be the first year with the DXT. I cannot wait to get in a treestand. I will be practicing nonstop til opening day!
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:53 am

Gunther - Yup, you guys should be one of the first ones on here with some pictures showing your does!

DoeEyed - This is your year, I'm hoping your DXT brings you great luck!
Jake

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Glad to see you got this thread up Goose! As gunther said we have all of our stands hung and all the lanes trimmed out. We just have to keep shooting our bows to perfection so that when the moment of truth comes we can make the perfect spot. As the season is now under a month away I'm getting pretty pumped and can't wait to get in the stand.

On a side note I went out shining tonite and saw a total of 18 deer which is the high for this year so far. I believe there were 9 bucks and 9 antlerless deer. There was one bachelor group of 4 bucks in a field but they were too far out to be able to get a really good look at them.

Hope everybody is shooting great and ready for the season!
Kyle

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:46 am

Hey guys,  checking in for the 2010 season, should be a good one!    I have so far filmed 5 shooter bucks out in the field on or just around the property I hunt on.  Got get a couple more stands up but otherwise I am itching to get out there!  Don't worry though guys,  I am going to get first blood this year! Lol!!

Look forward to hearing how everybody does this year and what you guys are seeing out there as far as deer numbers go.

elliot921129

Postby elliot921129 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:24 pm

All the food plots are in, bow stands hung and our new tower gun hunting stand built! We have what seems like dozens of 2 1/2 year old bucks on camera along with five shooters, one that looks like maybe the biggest one we have ever caught on camera. So excited to get out in the woods and try to at least catch a glimpse of him!

WeekendWarrior

Postby WeekendWarrior » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Put most of the stands up for early season. We just have one more to put up. Labor day weekend we're setting up cameras, planting one little food plot, and just making sure everythings ready for the eighteenth. I might do a little bit of self filming this year. If so, I'll make sure to post anything of importance along with pics. In terms of a food plot, I need something that can be attracting deer by October. Any suggestions? I regret not getting this done earlier in the summer, but its been a busy one.

Blazed

Postby Blazed » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:15 am

Stands are in. Gotta perfect tree by the two for the spot with the two Bucks pictured in the other thread. I just love it when you find the perfect tree and all goes up well. Just need t trim a trail to get in and hopoefully one of those bucks will show up during the day.

Lots of acorns down already with past storms. Gunna be annother bumper crop year I think.

Put alot of time and effort into plots this year. I just have 2 . One looks awesome, but too out in the open, so not much day action. Other one is sand, put down a truck load of manure on one 30'X30' and that looks like a garden everythings growing there. Wish I would have done the whole plot with manure, but it's pretty secluded and was quite the work.

Can't wait to hear the stories as well.  

Next

Return to Wisconsin