WI 2010 Hunting Journal

Goose

RE: 2010 WI Hunting Journal

Postby Goose » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Well, I went out last night and tonight in Waupaca county in hopes of getting a doe. No luck, I got blown at tonight as I was gathering up my gear and that's it. Will go out a couple more times but it doesn't look to promising.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:39 am

I was at the beer hall last weekend and a guy I know has found some shed antlers already in the area. A little early for this area I think. The weather hasn't been easy on the deer either.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

wisbooner3932

Postby wisbooner3932 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:43 pm

I hope to get out with the bow one more time before Friday but we'll see.  Im going to a shop today to put a DXT on lay away, next season can't come soon enough!!!
You can take my gun, from my cold dead hands.

booner427

Postby booner427 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:26 am

Jslotter, and buckhunter21 I have hunted both areas and they do hold deer. It does get pounded with gun hunters tho. Bow season can be rough as there is lots of people that walk through. I have even walked 45 min back in and still had bird hunters come through. oh well thats hunting public land. Usually the crops have been harvested by gun season. you just gotta find there winter food source. the deer are still there.

Bigfoot

Postby Bigfoot » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:18 pm

well their is 1 less adult doe roaming the woods after today,as it is hanging in the barn

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:22 am

Congratulations Bigfoot!
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:59 am

ORIGINAL: booner427

Jslotter, and buckhunter21 I have hunted both areas and they do hold deer. It does get pounded with gun hunters tho. Bow season can be rough as there is lots of people that walk through. I have even walked 45 min back in and still had bird hunters come through. oh well thats hunting public land. Usually the crops have been harvested by gun season. you just gotta find there winter food source. the deer are still there.

Welcome to the hootch booner427.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:51 pm

Congrats Bigfoot on the doe!

My cousin and I wondered out yesterday as more of a scouting trip but he did take the gun in case a big buck stepped out.  Many trails that looked like highways in the woods and found 1 bean field they were hitting so I put a camera over that to see what is coming out.  Also found out a neighbor has a standing cornfield that the deer are hitting.  I didn't see it and the neighbor is amish so I am wondering if the corn is gone since they just husk the corn off and leave the stalk standing.  Looks like were gonna get some warmer weather next week so some of the snow is going to melt away.
Scott

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:39 pm

Well headed out today in the late gun season here in the CWD zone in hopes of shooting a big buck. Took the sled for most of the drive otherwise it would have been a super long walk. As I was walking I kicked up a good sized antlerless deer not 60 yards from where I parked. She really didn't seem pressured and stood and watched me for a little bit then headed the opposite direction. Sat on stand for about 2 hours, but did not see a deer. About 15 mins before dark I got down and headed to a harvested bean field where the deer have been digging large holes in the snow to find the beans. Didn't see any deer on the field, but there was a doe about 75 yards from the field and she was probably heading that way. I did also see some turkeys and it was just a beautiful day to be in the woods. Will be heading out again soon in search of a big one!
Kyle

Huntin Farmland

Postby Huntin Farmland » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:55 pm

Good luck getting the big one bigwisconsinbucks. We have been cleaning up on big-bodied bucks where I hunt. Not the most impressive racks-but were looking to get these two since we saw them on camera. Saw a 12-pt and nice 9 pt in the field when we took the 7. The 6/7 pt buck at the bottom was the biggest bodied deer we had on the farm for the past two years. Hope to get a doe or two for some meat to distribute to family in the next week. Good luck all!

Genesis 9:3 �Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.�

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin