CWD

WhiteAl

CWD

Postby WhiteAl » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:59 am

All the talk about CWD-Control the population-shoot as many does as you can ect-blah blah blah.... Has anyone noticed that the big game population out west has stabilized. Some animals will die from the disease-some will become immune..mother nature is smarter than we are... Is anyone in wildlife management paying attention?

gunther89

RE: CWD

Postby gunther89 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:59 pm

I agree that mother nature is more powerful then we are.  It will do what its gonna do.  I've said it before that CWD is an excuse to kill more deer.  The DNR is using this as an excuse to kill more deer.  We will never get rid of CWD in the state of Wisconsin.
Scott

gunther89

RE: CWD

Postby gunther89 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:32 pm

It could have had CWD but the fact that it was late December he could have been very stressed from the rut and lost alot of weight.  If he had alot of stress it would make sense for him to shed his rack that early.  Even the most healthy looking deer can have CWD.  Found that out from a neighbor who shot a doe either 4 or 5 years ago.  He shot a doe that had plenty of fat on her and appeared to be healthy.  We hunt in the CWD zone in Wisconsin so he had it tested and since he had just moved the DNR was trying to find him at his old house to let him know the doe had tested positive for CWD.  By the time the DNR contacted him, he and his family had already eaten all of the doe that had tested positive and he is just fine.  Once again CWD is a waste of time IMO and it's not something we should worry about.  I would be willing to bet that if every state tested for it, you would find it in the herd.  
Scott

Return to Wisconsin