Shawano and N Out. Ctys-One step closer to rifles

Chainsaw

Shawano and N Out. Ctys-One step closer to rifles

Postby Chainsaw » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:38 am

At this past mondays CC meetings, resolutions passed by a 3-1 margin to both questions to allow rifles for deer hunting for all of Shawano County and Northern Outagamie County (north of Hwy54) during the firearms seasons. The Shawano County resolution was unanimous in all 72 counties.

The resolution to allow rifles statewide is one year ahead of these questions so they could trump the above. Also pay close attention to the recall elections as there could be some changes if the democrats gain the governorship or control of the state senate. Politics, political clout,and vendettas have a way of changing things quickly, right retch.

bullwinkle

Re: Shawano and N Out. Ctys-One step closer to rifles

Postby bullwinkle » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Outstanding. I can't see why Shawano shouldn't be rifles if Waupaca now is. This will significantly change some stand locations, any chance it could be done this year or is the 2013

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:11 am

Chainsaw, If you think for one minute that Walker will be recalled, you have not been paying attention. I think The Dems will briefly regain the control of the Senate and the Assembly will remain with the Republicans.

As to changing over to rifles. I agree, its a good move and has always been the will of the people, not the DNR or the legislature. This would have been done long ago had the people just taken the action to get it changed. For some reason people seem to think they have to wait until on night a year to gather in some smelly gym in April to get action on things.

Chainsaw

Postby Chainsaw » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:56 pm

retch sweeny wrote:Chainsaw, If you think for one minute that Walker will be recalled, you have not been paying attention. I think The Dems will briefly regain the control of the Senate and the Assembly will remain with the Republicans.

As to changing over to rifles. I agree, its a good move and has always been the will of the people, not the DNR or the legislature. This would have been done long ago had the people just taken the action to get it changed. For some reason people seem to think they have to wait until on night a year to gather in some smelly gym in April to get action on things.

Retch, Personally never thought that SW would lose the upcoming election, I'm sure that some signed those petition under duress similar to card check where they were presented the petition at an awkward time and signed to get the petitioner off their back, but may not vote during the election itself or that some would vote for Walker under the secret ballot process we have. I think the spread could be even wider this time around.

As far as the recall process goes it is just a way for the Dems to keep creating chaos for the conservatives in the state and to send a warning shot across the bow of any other state that may want to do what we did here in Wisconsin. In other words you try this in your state and here is what could happen to you. I wouldn't be surprised to see another recall election on SW in 2013 though, just to keep the pressure on. Look at it this way, there is no cost to the Dems financially to run the recall and it creates the chaos they desire to continue in the state. The cost to the Dems to remain a viable political party could be another story though.

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:39 am

This just makes Wisconsin look like a horrible place to do business. The fact is Wisconsin workers are very well educated and productive but no employer wants to deal with the strong union mentality that Wisconsin is representing in this battle

The Dems are destroying the state's reputation - this event will be remembered for years and us in the working class will be the ones punished. We are shooting ourselves in the foot. My prediction, jobs will continue to migrates south.

Less deer hunters, could drive lower land values

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Land values won't go down because the working class leaves the state. The only way land values will go down is for the state to stop buying land at a premium and the well heeled folks from out of state to stop doing the same. True, they aren't making any more of it, but what people are paying for it is ridiculous.

The Democrats are the ones that supposedly work for the working class, but at every turn are pushing for 4 year college or Masters/PhD degrees, green energy and carbon credits. Not exactly to the benefit of their Union manufacturing middle class worker base.

The funny thing about it is you've still got all these guys in the unions that don't seem able to think for themselves and see that their very Union and Democrat Party is running all their jobs out of the state and country and pushing for "High Tech" jobs that none of them will qualify for or can now afford/want to get schooling for to be a qualified candidate for the job.

The Unions and the Democrats are killing the middle class in this country, it's very, very apparent to anyone with even a little brain matter between their ears.

Lemmings...

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Dan - You're spot on. I have a lot of friends in unions. They know how bad this is - they just cant stand up and change it - the ultimate example of peer pressure

I cant believe the DNR continues to buy land when we are broke. They should be selling to get the debt down - not buying land that a very few of us tax payers will use.

Return to Wisconsin