Deer Trustee final report made public

bullwinkle

Re: Deer Trustee final report made public

Postby bullwinkle » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:13 am

Just scanned, looks like backing off on shooting does, more expensive doe tags, DMAP, public land doe tags and not registering deer at registration station during the bow season are the big recommendation?

DMAP being the biggest new program

Will be interesting to see how landowners accept DMAP.

Bigfoot

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:28 am

bullwinkle wrote:not registering deer at registration station during the bow season .

as far as i'm concerned the sooner the better

beaverman05

Postby beaverman05 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:45 pm

For the most part I agree with Dr. Deer from what I've read so far! I certainly think the biologist need do be doing more direct communication with land owners and hunters a like so there is a less hostile envirnoment between the two! I also agree with not giving free antlerless tags out. I don't know if $12 is the right amount but there should be some value for these tags. I am excited about the changes this report will bring because good or bad something has to be done unlike years past! Heck with Alt from pennsylvania in the picture, I was expecting antler restrictions!

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:22 pm

I am kind of disappointed to be honest. My buddies in Madison had me pumped up thinking the Dr Kroll was going to do somethings special

They didn't implement Deer 2000, this is nothing significant enough to get excited about - especially considering the DNR's track record of implementation

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
bullwinkle wrote:not registering deer at registration station during the bow season .

as far as i'm concerned the sooner the better

This would make life a little easier. Especially if you are like me and registering a deer might be an hour trip. All I got out of the rest of the report didn't impress me at all. Just recommendations on Kroll's behalf, I doubt much will change.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

beaverman05

Postby beaverman05 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Its all recommendations! That's all it was ever supposed to be! Maybe none of his recomendations will be implemented maybe some will...I bet because he is backed by Mr. Walker some of this stuff happens

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Rancid Crabtree wrote:
beaverman05 wrote:Its all recommendations! That's all it was ever supposed to be! Maybe none of his recomendations will be implemented maybe some will...I bet because he is backed by Mr. Walker some of this stuff happens

Yes, you can see the partisan bias by the people that dont like Walker. Look to the main page of this site and see the over the top vinegar and rage hyperbol when it is not at all warranted. You can see it in the posts here too. The recall tantrum and the epic loss has some still tied up in knots. Based on the comments from the two top dogs in the DNR about this report and the drive of Walker to reform the DNR and improve deer hunting in WI, I expect positive changes.

Good point. I didn't read anything in the report about privatizing public property that stirred up during the recall attempt.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Welcome to America, land of free speech and the freedom to express your own opinion and not be oppressed for it.

Seems to me that we no longer do what is best for everyone, we do what is best for those that are currently in power (no matter the side) and everyone else be damned.

Spin, begin...

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Good point. I didn't read anything in the report about privatizing public property that stirred up during the recall attempt.

But you did see the door opened for the potential privatization and management of a public resource, just because you own land.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:15 pm

How'd I know who would be the first to respond?

Return to Wisconsin