Possible origin of CWD...

Dan Salmon

Possible origin of CWD...

Postby Dan Salmon » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:46 am

Looks like they may have found a link to CWD from Scrapie from sheep.

Some other interesting information in the below link.

http://ars.usda.gov/research/projects/projects.htm?ACCN_NO=411467&showpars=true&fy=2011

Jslotter

Re: Possible origin of CWD...

Postby Jslotter » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Interesting. I hunt public land that butts up against a sheep farm. Has there been any deer deaths in relation to CWD? IMHO, I think CWD is being handled a little over board.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:14 pm

I only brought it up because up until now, transmission from domesticated animals (i.e. sheep and cattle) have been ruled out as an origin. For the research to be leading in that direction is not good news. If a link can be shown from domestic livestock to wild animals and domestic livestock have been know to transfer to humans (CJD), the future is not looking good. If it is shown, just wait, we'll have all kinds of problems with overpopulation and disposal, because no one will eat a deer any longer.

So long as we, as a society, continue to feed our food (livestock) waste products and by products of other industrial processes that have created the problem in the first place and use food (Corn, sugar cane) and artificial mandates to create markets for bio-fuels that can't stand or flourish on its own merits, one could say the cows will be coming home soon rather than later.

Now there are 40 different sides to several of the issues stated above and all issues involve both parties and industry lobbyists on both sides, so to say one party is running it is an outright lie.

Just another great way man kind has gotten to think they know so much more about the earth and natural processes than the guy who created it all.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 pm

CJD? Could that be the whole 'zombie' thing kids keep spazzing about these days? If so, then the kids are right.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Maybe.

Return to Wisconsin