Orange 9 Dayers

Retch Crabtree

Orange 9 Dayers

Postby Retch Crabtree » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:40 am

Can you find your gun?

Do you have any bullets?

Will you bother to take a few shots this weekend to make sure its still sighted in?

Is your orange out on the line getting “scent free”? LOL

Will you spend this weekend pounding nails and building a deer stand?

Will you wait until Friday night before season to buy a gun license?

Don’t forget to stop and buy buck lure and calls and every gimmick that is new this year (it beats scouting and spending time in the woods learning deer habits)

Did you buy lots and lots of beer and hard liquor.

Do you plan to get up after daybreak because you cant find your stand in the dark and your head is pounding from all the beer the night before?

You should be all set. You are an honest to goodness gun deer hunter. A regular Davy Crocket and Daniel Boone all rolled into one. LOL

Goo luck "deer hunter" ;)

umpiremark

Re: Orange 9 Dayers

Postby umpiremark » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:07 am

Retch, Tom, Whatever ...

Your obnoxious posts have no bearing being on here. Why do you post these? I'm asking the administrator to take down this thread and bar you from posting. Again.

Many of us bow hunters don the orange in Nov too. Does that also make us "less of a hunter" in your eyes?

This thread serves no purpose. Except to incite.
One day my ship will come in!! My luck, I'll be at the airport.

Retch Crabtree

Postby Retch Crabtree » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:16 pm

I happen to wirk with these guys. They seem to me the majority. To listen to these guys saddens me. Most are not even 9 dayers but are most likely 3 dayers yet they talk/act as if they are the most knowledgable deer hunters on the planet. I was venting. It was more jest than anything.

ChuckNorris

Postby ChuckNorris » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Retch Crabtree wrote:Can you find your gun? Yes

Do you have any bullets? Yes

Will you bother to take a few shots this weekend to make sure its still sighted in? 50/50

Is your orange out on the line getting “scent free”? LOL not yet

Will you spend this weekend pounding nails and building a deer stand? no, permanent stands already in place

Will you wait until Friday night before season to buy a gun license? got it already when I bought a doe tag

Don’t forget to stop and buy buck lure and calls and every gimmick that is new this year (it beats scouting and spending time in the woods learning deer habits) have it all already

Did you buy lots and lots of beer and hard liquor. no, but sure as hell will

Do you plan to get up after daybreak because you cant find your stand in the dark and your head is pounding from all the beer the night before? no but head will be pounding

You should be all set. You are an honest to goodness gun deer hunter. A regular Davy Crocket and Daniel Boone all rolled into one. LOL

Thanks, good luck to you too! Everyone has their place in life, hopefully yours is at home for the upcoming 9 days because with your poor attitude and biased opinoins I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you anyways
It only takes one deer to change a hunt from disappointing to very satisfying.

Bigfoot

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:13 pm

i know life would be grand if the "gun-hunting" neighbors could grasp the concept of SHOOTING IN A SAFE DIRECTION.......just came back from taking the dog up the driveway for a walk and BOOM...25 yards from me in the trees it's raining shotgun BB's(THANKS ALOT)

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:27 pm

Bigfoot wrote:i know life would be grand if the "gun-hunting" neighbors could grasp the concept of SHOOTING IN A SAFE DIRECTION.......just came back from taking the dog up the driveway for a walk and BOOM...25 yards from me in the trees it's raining shotgun BB's(THANKS ALOT)

He had him TREED? I know they can jump well, but not to sure on the tree climbing.... and BB's? not slugs? I guess you live and learn, I didn't thing shot was legal anywheres. I thought it was rifle or slug only. Now shooting toward people is inexcusable, so I hope he simple didn't see you. It would be a shame if you had to wear orange to walk the dog, just to feel safer,....or you could have a word with the neighbor about the near miss. That might actually do some good, or have the local game warden have that little talk with him.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Retch Crabtree

Postby Retch Crabtree » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:16 pm

ChuckNorris wrote:
Thanks, good luck to you too! Everyone has their place in life, hopefully yours is at home for the upcoming 9 days because with your poor attitude and biased opinoins I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you anyways[/b]

Actaully I have been deer hunting since the deer season opened on Sept 15th. By this time of year Im getting a bit worn out with all the hunting. Ive passed on 15 bucks so far. I will be out there and will switch over to orange. Not so much to shoot deer since shooting a deer with a gun id not at all a challenge but to make sure nobody tresspasses and to spend time with my sons. I let them fill the freezer since they have not killed as many as i have over almost 40 years of hunting. I will shoot lots of deer with the video camera though.

Pistol Pete

Postby Pistol Pete » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:29 pm

Retch Crabtree wrote:Can you find your gun?

Do you have any bullets?

Will you bother to take a few shots this weekend to make sure its still sighted in?

Is your orange out on the line getting “scent free”? LOL

Will you spend this weekend pounding nails and building a deer stand?

Will you wait until Friday night before season to buy a gun license?

Don’t forget to stop and buy buck lure and calls and every gimmick that is new this year (it beats scouting and spending time in the woods learning deer habits)

Did you buy lots and lots of beer and hard liquor.

Do you plan to get up after daybreak because you cant find your stand in the dark and your head is pounding from all the beer the night before?

Boy, I never thought I would run across a hunting snob. You do mention a few negatives about the gun deer season and I think we have all run across hunters that fit your description, but some of us, most of us gun hunt the right way and do not have the time at certain stages of our lives to put the time into bow hunting that you are fortunate to have. I would love to be out in the woods for two months straight with a bow, scouting reading the land and deer patterns but unfortunately I don't have it at this time. Instead I beg and call in sick to work so I can gun hunt 4 or 5 days a year. You paint with a pretty broad and arrogant brush.

Retch Crabtree

Postby Retch Crabtree » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:06 pm

And factual based on the many guys I know. Im not making this stuff up but its all in good fun. The interweb is not a serious place. Relax. :D

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:42 pm

I must have missed something..I don't see what was wrong about the post. :? Although many of those things mentioned are true..for plenty of hunters of any game.

Me(yes, a traditional bowhunter who also gun-hunts. With a real gun)..sighting in tomorrow(I do shoot during the summer as well), get my stuff together over the weekend(clothes in the dryer with an HS fabric sheet. I don't like bird poop on my clothing), and Opening Day get up at 3 and drive an hour and a half to sit and wait to actually maybe see something this year. The following week go when I can.

Next

Return to Wisconsin