When you really think about it

JOEL

RE: When you really think about it

Postby JOEL » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:48 pm

oh i think im free to do what i want,i aint bothered just disapointed that yall resort to name calling,not very mature even for a 57 yr old
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:01 pm

ORIGINAL: retch sweeny

2. Do you use, or do you think that it should be perfectly acceptable for a bowhunter using a stickbow or compound to use a shoot through groundblind during archery season?

I do not use and have not used a manufactured ground blind for bowhunting but I have used a stick built ground blind using natural stuff I find in the area so yes, I would shoot through a opening in said blind. I'm not sure what this has to do with anything but you asked.  That's great retch, but I also asked if that would apply to ANY bowhunter using a stickbow or compound. Not just you. Can you answer that please?

Let me ask you something. If I take a locked, cocked and stored energy weapon and shoulder it and grab the forearm with my other hand, then lean my eye into the scope and then flip the safety off and put my finger in the trigger guard and take aim and pull the trigger, am I bowhunting? [;)]

As long as it's a weapon that shoots a pointy stick that kills with sharpened edges propelled by a string which derives it's energy from that stored in the limbs and it doesn't go "BOOM".....YES!

And I've seen MANY compounds that have scopes, and virtually ALL of them have the arrow released via a trigger (mechanical release aid), and they are 80% "locked, cocked, and stored". Are they bowhunting then?

Even the most ardent gun/bow hybrid supporter knows that I just described two types of weapons and scenarios and neither are bowhunting. That's your opinion. While nearly all gun/bow hybrid people are in denial even they...................... in their hearts know they are not bowhunting How do YOU know what's in their hearts??? Are you psychic?..................... They are doing something akin to bowhuting. They are almost bowhunting but even though they won't admit it............. they know they are not bowhunting. Crystal ball time again, huh?

I've enjoyed this lesson. So have I! It is fun to discuss an issue when I am on the right side (and the honest side). I will allow you to return to the denial Why thank you retch! You're one heck of a guy! And psychic to boot! I want to HUNT with you!!!!! [:)]that many can twist and contort themselves into believing but personally, I don't wish to go through those mental gymnastics ans can call a spade a spade. and a bow a bow and a gun/bow hybrid for what it is but more importantly what it is NOT. [:)] Don't quit on me now! The fun's just getting started!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:19 pm

Retch.....I, like you, am a stickbow hunter. It doesn't make me any better by any means, a little crazier and obsessed maybe, but certainly not better. When I hunt, I do NOT sit in the woods obsessing about what kind of bow tackle someone else who I can't even see is using, and I don't care. The other guys in my camp use compounds and crossbows. They are all ethical hunters, and I'd go to hell and back for any one of them.

In this regard I have a question for you. WHY should it bother you what kind of tackle they choose to shoot? Because they didn't "earn" it? It's too easy? And what if it is? You can choose to use one or not. If you choose not to, like myself, then GREAT, DON'T! That's what America is! 

Look, I know that I'm not going to change your mind, or you mine. The best we can do is exchange ideas and maybe make each other think. And what I think about this is that I just flat don't understand why you or anyone else should be that upset because a particular form of archery takes less effort than another. If you don't like it, then don't do it. Simple as that.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:27 pm

ORIGINAL: schlupis

reeper0697 I believe they consider it a crossbow because the bow is locked back in the fire position already. IMPO takes the fun out of bow hunting....

Thanks, I personally dont know anyways who uses a draw lock and like I said before crossbows are illegal in NY I was just cusious the reasoning for it being under crossbows. I am right with ya on drawing making it fun though.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:43 am

[font=arial][font="times new roman"][size=100]Woods walker, this has nothing to do with anybody being better than anybody. Please don't make this a silly, emotional issue. I also don't know of anybody that sits in the woods obsessing about what kind of bow tackle someone else is using. That is what the off season is for. LOL [;)][/font][/size][/font][/align][font=arial][font="times new roman"][size=100][/font][/size][/font] [/align][font=arial][font="times new roman"][size=100]It does not bother me that handicapped or infirmed hunters use a gun/bow hybrid. More power to them. However, allowing EVERYBODY to use a gun/bow hybrid in the hunting woods is like painting every parking stall blue with a wheelchair symbol. Sure, it doesn't effect me but it devalues the advantage that was afforded to the unfortunate that allowed them to partisipate on par with able bodied hunters. Will we now let the elderly and handicapped use a rifle in the archery season?[/font][/size][/font][/align][font=arial][font="times new roman"][size=100][/font][/size][/font] [/align][font=arial][font="times new roman"][size=100]Gun/bow hybrids have a place in the archery season and it to compensate for those who are not capable of using a vertical bow. THe governing bodies of bowhunting agree with this. The North American Bowhunting Coalition, Pope and Young and the Profesional Bowhutners Society agree that gun/bow hybrids do not belong in archery seasons beyond the allowances for the elderly and infirmed. I wholeheartedly agree with their position. They are the voice of the Bowhunter. Beyond that, State Bowhunting associations also agree that gun/bow hybrids do not belong in  archery seasons.[/font][/align][/size][/font]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:25 am

Retch: It seems to me that it's you making it an emotional issue, using the handicapped to make your argument and claiming that you can SEE INTO PEOPLE'S HEARTS AND MINDS AND KNOW WHAT THEY THINK AND FEEL!!! Can you really do that? How about some stock market tips?!! [:)]

[font="times new roman"]"It does not bother me that handicapped or infirmed hunters use a gun/bow hybrid. More power to them. However, allowing EVERYBODY to use a gun/bow hybrid in the hunting woods is like painting every parking stall blue with a wheelchair symbol. [font=verdana]That's according to you. And besides, the only reason why they have handicapped spaces is due to physical mobility, and because there are only so many parking spaces that are close to the entrances, and the people who have difficulty walking rightfully need those. In other words, they are a LIMITED RESOURCE. Once they are in the store, they have to shop like anyone else does. To make a more relevant comparison, you'd have to designate that certain hunting areas closest to the roads are for handicapped only.[/font]Sure, it doesn't effect me [font=verdana]Well we agree on that one! I knew you'd eventually see reason! [:D] [/font]but it devalues the advantage that was afforded to the unfortunate that allowed them to partisipate on par with able bodied hunters. [font=verdana]How's that? How does my using a crossbow in any way, shape or form effect the advantage that another hunter 100 yards or 100 miles away from me has? This argument makes absolutely no sense at all retch. The reality of it is, is that it bothers RETCH! [/font]Will we now let the elderly and handicapped use a rifle in the archery season?"  [font=verdana]No.....because a firearm is an entirely different weapon, from it's projectile to the method of energy storage and transmission it employs, right on to it's vastly increased range of 1000% over ANY kind of bow. But you knew that, didn't you?[/font][/font]

But anyway, can you give me an answer to the question I posed to you regarding commercial shoot through blinds, and if you think it's OK for any stickbow or compound shooter to use them during the regular archery season?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:34 am

[font=arial][font="times new roman"][size=100]Commercial shoot through blinds ????  I thought we were talking about gun/bow hybrids. LOL [/font][/size][/font][/align][font=arial][font="times new roman"][size=100]Lets stick to the topic at hand and why they have no place in the archery season and why gun/bow hybrids are not bowhunting. [/font][/align][/size][/font]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:55 am

[font=arial][font="times new roman"][size=100]Commercial shoot through blinds ????  I thought we were talking about gun/bow hybrids. LOL [/font][/size][/font]
[/align][font=arial][font="times new roman"][size=100]Lets stick to the topic at hand and why they have no place in the archery season and why gun/bow hybrids are not bowhunting. [/font]
[/align][/size][/font]

Yes, you read it right retch. Commerical shoot through blinds. And it DOES apply to the topic at hand. If you give me an answer you'll see why.

"But anyway, can you give me an answer to the question I posed to you regarding commercial shoot through blinds, and if you think it's OK for any stickbow or compound shooter to use them during the regular archery season? "
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:10 am

[font=arial]Woods walker, this seems like some convoluted and round about way to justify why gun/bow hybrids should be allowed into archery seasons. If your stance has to rely on such tactics to muster a point, I suggest that your not standing on firm ground in the first place. Treestands................. Ladderstands.............. Debris blinds.......................Pop up blinds................... Tree slings................... Pogo sticks and trampolines are not the issue so why don't you just go for the big reveal and wow us with what you have obviously been bursting to say. [/font][/align][font=arial][/font] [/align][font=arial]I would add a big AH HA!!! (or Tada!) at the end and then you can you do the "I got ya!" dance. LOL .Spill it already. What could pop up blinds possible have to do with gun/bow hybrids in the archery seasons? It won't matter what my answer is because your not really interested in my answer, you are just looking for a way to change the subject. Get on with it already. [:D][/font][/align]

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:11 am

[font=arial][font="times new roman"][size=100]...it doesn't effect me but it devalues the advantage that was afforded to the unfortunate that allowed them to partisipate on par with able bodied hunters. Will we now let the elderly and handicapped use a rifle in the archery season?[/font][/size][/font]
[/align][font=arial][font="times new roman"][size=100][/font][/size][/font] 

Uh, I dont think the idea was ever to give an advantage to anyone. it was simply to allow people, who were unable to operate a bow by no fault of their own, to paricipate in archery season.

Of the three people I know well who carry a crossbow exemption in Iowa, all were archers before the became unable to draw any longer. The decision to go wilth a crossbow was a tough one for all of them and they desire no particualr advantage beyond being able to hunt.

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin