The one that got away....

relentless_hunter_12

The one that got away....

Postby relentless_hunter_12 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:30 pm

So Im young and I always here the older guys and adults talk about the one that got away, and they all had a few seasons under there belts before "The One" got away. I too have a story about the one that got away. It all started on the second day of my first hunting season ever. I was sitting on the edge of a field and all of a sudden I see this buck as it gets light. It was hard to tell it was a buck at first, but then it all came into focus, it was a huge 16 point buck, and my dad was telling me to get ready for a shot when it stood up, but its vitals were behind a tree and I had a 12 gauge from about 60 yards. It started to move from behind the tree and then it happened. I pulled up, was about to take off the safety when the neighbors wiped by on there atv's and spooked him off. I never saw him agian, but neighbors and a classmate also saw him, but he was never shot...I heard of some one shooting a 16 pointer up north after a while, but i know it wasnt him...he was the One who got away...
"Hunting is not just a hobby, It's a lifestyle"

Return to Wisconsin