Rifle's allowed in Waupaca County 2010?

bullwinkle

Re: Rifle's allowed in Waupaca County 2010?

Postby bullwinkle » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:55 pm

You're right, the values around Tigerton held up pretty nice through the great recession. You need to be careful, a lot of the big blocks on the market dont have timber rights priced in. The prices up North have come down substantially - but there are few deer, lots of wolves and bears.

I have been buying land for the last 20 years. What is wild is I have come to the conclusion regarding vacant land - the price is directly related to water or the quality of deer hunting. You get what you pay for in the Tigerton area, I would highly recommend it. I am working 3 deals right now (one large one, the other two small but they would improve what I have) and I am continued to be fascinated by land. It is emotional to sell - again deer hunting is a big part of it and such a big decision to buy. It is a lot more fun than buying stocks

I dont know how old you are but the best thing I did in my 20's was live cheaply and began to buy hunting land. I dont have a fancy stock portfolio but I have a lot of deer stands and memories. I have to believe todays 20 year olds will have the same luck as I did if they buy highly desired property with water or great deer hunting.

Best of luck this season

Ostermann

Postby Ostermann » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:01 am

I have 20 acres around Stevens Point that I bought in 98/99. Got it at a decent price but it's not buildable, adjacent to public land (couple of poaching problems), and is swampy/wet for most of it. I have some relatives around the Waupaca area. Hunted a couple times there, I would buy land if I had the chance in that area!

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Swampy does not mean unbuildable. I went to school in an elementary school built on swamp land donated for the school. The entire foundation (including the parking lot and basketball court) is built like an upside down frisbee, It will float on the softer ground.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:59 pm

I heard today that the legislature is to vote/rule on rifles in Waupaca county 9/13? We will see

scotty00

Postby scotty00 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:15 pm

I received an emailed DNR "White-Tailed Deer Update" the other day and have been meaning to post the contents here.

The relevant text says, "Earlier this year, the Natural Resources Board approved several new rules pertaining to the current license year hunting seasons. These rules were not immediately in place because they needed to undergo a legislative review process. This process is now complete for these rules, and they will be in effect starting this fall. These changes are not reflected in the printed version of the hunting regulations, but will be updated in the online versions of the regulation booklets in the near future.
These new rules are:

1. Rifles will be allowed in Waupaca County for the 9-day firearm deer season. "

The rest of the email pertains to turkey hunting.

Here's a brief link I was able to find on their site. You will need to scroll down to the Waupaca County info.
http://dnr.wi.gov/news/DNRNews_Lookup.asp?id=292#art7

Rocky Landsverk

Postby Rocky Landsverk » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:06 pm

thank you for that link to the DNR site. Important to note that the youths must still use a shotgun in the youth hunt; I had not noticed that, thanks again.
Rocky Landsverk
Online Product Manager
DeerandDeerHunting.com

Previous

Return to Wisconsin