Hunter survey for antlerless deer tags

Fish

Hunter survey for antlerless deer tags

Postby Fish » Fri May 01, 2009 3:19 pm

I just found out about a survey that asks questions about the antlerless tags that will be issued for the 2009 deer season. There is only 7 or 8 questions about hunter attitudes towards antlerless tags.
Here is the link.

Luv2Hunt

RE: Hunter survey for antlerless deer tags

Postby Luv2Hunt » Fri May 01, 2009 3:39 pm

How do we "Log In" to the link

Fish

Postby Fish » Fri May 01, 2009 5:48 pm

Ok, it was a good survey.  Now I can't get to it cause I took it.....bare w/me

Fish

Postby Fish » Fri May 01, 2009 5:59 pm

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Fri May 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Fish...I was just going to post this...ya beat me to it again![8D]
(Florence Co., WI)

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Fri May 01, 2009 7:33 pm

What is the purpose of this survey and where did it come from?
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

wack

Postby wack » Sat May 02, 2009 5:24 am

What she said and what are the real numbers of deer, bear and wolves in those units? These are tricky lawyer type questions, knowing who's asking, for what purpose, and what numbers they're seeing to come up with such a survey, we need council before answering this survey.

One idea, how about letting us turn in those archery doe tags for bear points? Maybe wolf points? If the deer are at endangered levels, we need to protect them. We can help by reducing the wolf population back down to 350-500, and cut back the bear population in specific areas to help the deer.  Turning deer tags into bear and wolf points in a controlled manor will give deer hunters something to do in a way they can help out. If there are not enough deer, we shouldn't hunt them. Just like wolves, when There wasn't enough, we couldn't hunt them. I said before we need a hunting structure plan that has at least 1 level below regular season structure. Are we at a point that we should hunt trophy bucks only, or time to stop hunting for a year or two and bring the other predator numbers down, and get the elk needed put in, get this thing turned around so we have hunting in the future.
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Fish

Postby Fish » Sat May 02, 2009 10:28 am

A gathering of a sample of data or opinions considered to be representative of a whole.  Apparently from a monkey.[:D]

Seriously, it's just a survey and one that comes from a very good source.  People are looking for ways to make things better for the WI deer hunter, they are looking for input.

And Wack, for some reason I would hate to watch the nightly news with you.  I think my brain would hurt....not everything is a conspiracy.[;)]

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sat May 02, 2009 1:13 pm

I have now seen this same survey posted on a couple of sites. Pretty straight forward questions. I could not find any hidden or cryptic messages so I think it's safe to take. LOL

Honestly, I don't think I would answer the questions any differently if I knew the survey came from the DNR or PETA or the league of women voters. They were just simple questions. 

wack

Postby wack » Sat May 02, 2009 1:50 pm

And Wack, for some reason I would hate to watch the nightly news with you. I think my brain would hurt....not everything is a conspiracy.

What conspiracy? I don't follow. All I want to know is what numbers they are looking at now to go from a "we need EAB" attitude to should bow hunters give up doe tags? We expected those numbers to be bad, how bad are they? Pretty simple. I don't hunt in those areas, but I am concerned for these areas. Give me accurate numbers, I'll give you my answers, with out accurate numbers, I'll leave it in the hands of the land owners in an area as I wouldn't want my opinion, based on inaccurate numbers to hinder efforts of hunters who hunt there. Who am I to say give up your doe tag if I don't know what I'm talking about. I do have an educated guess and that is the actual number of deer in certain areas may need to be considered endangered, drastic measures should be at least planned if not implemented.

An idea on how to do that would be to turn deer tags into bear and wolf points, maybe a buck and doe tag = 1 point, a doe =1/2 point for tags already sold. If what they were saying, 40,000 bears, 6000 extra tags isn't going to do it. If emergency measures needs to take place this year for the deer herd, makes sense that an emergency order for bring wolves down to 350 and bears down to minimum in those areas is also needed. If we're asking deer hunters and land owners to give up deer tags that are already on sale, turn those into bear and wolf points and issue more bear and wolf tags for 2009. With out the numbers, are we at the point that drastic measures are needed? If so, this is one option.  
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Next

Return to Wisconsin