Don't give up the fight now

Luv2Hunt

Don't give up the fight now

Postby Luv2Hunt » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:53 am

Now that all the Meetings and Hearings regarding Deer Hunting and Deer Population goals, are all but over, lets not quit until we see some actual change. 

Our fight has just begun.

Below is a letter which has been sent to my State Senator and State Rep.

Change must begin at the top.........no "trickle down" effects.

I have mailed this letter to both my State Senator and Representative.

I hope we are not giving up our fight simply because we attended a meeting. Our government needs to know how we feel, and we need to keep the pressure on them.

Another of the now most talked about issues resulting from the Assembly Fish & Wildlife and The Senate Transportation, Tourism, Forestry, and Natural Resources Committee, Joint Informational Hearing held at the State Capital in Madison on Wednesday, April 15th, 2009 was the fact that Mr. Matt Frank, Secretary, Dept. of Natural Resources, left the hearings (never to return) after reading from a prepared speech, and fumbling to answer a few simply questions, leaving only a couple subordinates in attendance.

What DNR business could have been more important than an Assembly Informational Hearing questioning the Departments activities, and having billions of dollars of State revenue at risk?

Farmers and land owners from across the State are threatening to remove thousands of acres from hunting access; hunters are threatening to boycott the deer hunting season, small businesses which rely on hunting activities are reporting heavy financial losses, and the Departments reactionary statements of admittedly making errors in the deer herd population estimates, all of which are important issues facing the Department, and the State.

Mr. Frank's actions showed little respect for the Committee Hearings, to the numerous experts providing testimony, to those representatives of various organizations, or to the 100's of hunter's in attendance, especially after reading statements from his speech indicating "we (the DNR) are listening".

As a resident of the State and a constituent of your District, I ask you bring this matter to both the Senate, and the Assembly for any and all actions as may be deemed appropriate.

Mr. Frank's appointed political position should not be allowed to usurp the will of the people.

Please feel free to use (or any part of), this message to send to YOUR elected officials.

Don't give up the fight now.

wack

RE: Don't give up the fight now

Postby wack » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:04 am

Maybe you should also send that to the committee, I posted a link that has all of the committee members listed with each of there contact info on one of the other threads. . Not only did Franks leave, but why didn't Warnke testify? Isn't he the deer expert? I really wanted him to stand up an try to answer "is the science flawed? What went wrong?"

We also have a lot more to complain about, as the Tea Party comes to mind. Gun and ammo taxes, Doyle trying to up the background check fees to spend on his deficit, concealed weapons laws, an 80+ page rule book for deer hunting, ag tags, elk reintroduction, ect.
American by birth, hunter by choice.

wack

RE: Don't give up the fight now

Postby wack » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:48 am

Yes, those are the links to the committee members and I just want to say if you write to them, remember they are on our side. Be nice, be greatfull, and be to the point. We don't want to hurt our cause or make our reps mad, they're sticking there necks out for us. They are not the problem, they are part of the solution and with out them, we are dead in the water.
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Return to Wisconsin