Landowners Upset with DNR

Goose

RE: Landowners Upset with DNR

Postby Goose » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:47 am

Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with people who use ml's but I think there is already enough guns going off for a length of time.
That and crop damage get me every time....[:)]
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Bigfoot

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:07 pm

actually around here muzzleloader season is one of the quietest times of the hunting season

as soon as bow season opens are neighbors decide it's time to get their atv out(that has no muffler on it) and ride the thing every night within 10 yards of the property line usually 90 minutes before legal is over then again 30-45 minutes before legal is over and that would be EVERY NIGHT

then flip the calender to october and you have the youth deer hunt(same neighbors),and it also lets everyone else know that it's time to use up ALL the old ammo in the house so you can go buy more

try to bowhunt the last 2 hours on a weekend between the youth hunt and opening weekend of gun season and it's not uncommon to count 200-300 gunshots and that would be EVERY WEEKEND BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY(every year we joke that those are prolly the same people complaining that their's no deer around)

then once the water freezes it's snowmobile racing time about 400-500 yards away from us,which is so loud that at the back end of our property one person can fire a muzzleloader and 100 yards away that person cant hear you because of the snowmobile's

their have been weekend's that to bowhunt i've worn ear protection to try and make things a little quieter while i'm sitting out thier 

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:54 pm

ORIGINAL: Goose

Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with people who use ml's but I think there is already enough guns going off for a length of time.
That and crop damage get me every time....[:)]

Yup, like I said I understand your pain, I just think they have to re-arrange it a bit, and only give out one tag max per individual.
QDM!

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:57 pm

ORIGINAL: Bigfoot

actually around here muzzleloader season is one of the quietest times of the hunting season

as soon as bow season opens are neighbors decide it's time to get their atv out(that has no muffler on it) and ride the thing every night within 10 yards of the property line usually 90 minutes before legal is over then again 30-45 minutes before legal is over and that would be EVERY NIGHT

then flip the calender to october and you have the youth deer hunt(same neighbors),and it also lets everyone else know that it's time to use up ALL the old ammo in the house so you can go buy more

try to bowhunt the last 2 hours on a weekend between the youth hunt and opening weekend of gun season and it's not uncommon to count 200-300 gunshots and that would be EVERY WEEKEND BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY(every year we joke that those are prolly the same people complaining that their's no deer around)

then once the water freezes it's snowmobile racing time about 400-500 yards away from us,which is so loud that at the back end of our property one person can fire a muzzleloader and 100 yards away that person cant hear you because of the snowmobile's

their have been weekend's that to bowhunt i've worn ear protection to try and make things a little quieter while i'm sitting out thier 

Sounds like you have some tough times Bigfoot...Hopefully things get better!  That would drive me nuts!
QDM!

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:11 am

Does anyone know how the meeting went in Madison yesterday.  I figured someone would have posted about it but I haven't seen anything about it.  I couldn't make it because of a conflict with college.  
Scott

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:33 am

ORIGINAL: gunther89

Does anyone know how the meeting went in Madison yesterday.  I figured someone would have posted about it but I haven't seen anything about it.  I couldn't make it because of a conflict with college.  

It went great!
You can see the hearing in its' entirety at http://wiseye.org
It is around 5 hours or so long.
Fror a break down on testimony and times they started, click here. You then can advance the time to see what portions you want to view.
(Florence Co., WI)

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:11 am

Ok thanks mtnman.
Scott

stumpsitter66

Postby stumpsitter66 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:35 am

Here is a link to a story the Milwaukee paper had on it:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/outdoors/43078332.html

Centralwisconsinland

Postby Centralwisconsinland » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:51 am

We may not all agree, but it is great to be able to voice your opinion and have it heard in the State of Wisconsin Capital, by the joint hearing on deer population and hunter's concerns.  Drove down with 2 other concerned hunters.  Lucky enough to get a seat in the chamber.  Sorry that I did not meet mtnman at the hearing.  

Items to check out on the wise eye link that mtnman put up.

At the 20:05 mark the questioning by Rep. Scott Gunderson of Matt Frank of a DNR EAB Watch List and Matt Frank answer that he knew of no watch list. Then at the 1 hour 21 minute mark the testimony Ron Kulas presenting the watch list from the DNR Website to the joint hearing.

@ the 1 hour mark Tom Meyer, Masters degree in Biology
@ the 1 hour 21 minute mark Ron Kulas Wisconsin Bowhunters (MUST WATCH TWICE)
@ the 1 hour  47 minute mark Tony Ungerer from Hunter's Alliance for Regulatory Communication
@ the 1 hour 53 minute mark George Mayer from Wisconsin Wildlife Federation
@ the 2 hour 34 minute mark Ted A. Wisnefski and Joseph L. Olson Attoneys from Michael Best 
    Friedrich ,LLP for th HRC (ALSO MUST WATCH TWICE) The fish analogy to EAB is great.
@ the 2 hour 25 Minute mark Jeff Gietner from WHU and Andy and Family from Maribel

The 5 plus hours a watch for all deer hunters.  Thank you to the Joint Committee for the opportunity to listen to hunters.  Matt Frank said that he and the DNR will listen to the hunters, but left after his testimony.  I imagine that there were other DNR employees there to fill him in on the testimony that were given.

It's easier to do a job right the first time than to explain why you didn't.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:49 am

ORIGINAL: stumpsitter66

Here is a link to a story the Milwaukee paper had on it:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/outdoors/43078332.html

Thanks for the link stumpsitter66...It's great to see there droves of other passionate hunters out there fighting also for this.  We just have to keep on keepin' on....This is just a small victory (hopefully when it's done here) in a long war against this subject at hand!
QDM!

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin