Landowners Upset with DNR

gunther89

RE: Landowners Upset with DNR

Postby gunther89 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:04 am

I've watched the first hour or so of it and every time I heard Frank speak about getting rid of EAB from the state he was lying.  So then according to Frank CWD zone will be EAB free then but I know it won't.  Until the DNR changes that, many hunters in my area and in the CWD zone will never trust the dnr.
Scott

Fish

Postby Fish » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:23 am

According to the DNR, no EAB in 2009 in all units EXCEPT CWD.  But don't worry about that [:)]

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Fish- what do you mean by "don't worry about that?"

Kyle

wack

Postby wack » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:21 pm

I was wondering what Fish meant by that too?

I do not think this battle is over. My impression from the hearing is that EAB is illegal and I'm hoping that's the dirrection the reps go. I think that testimony proved that it was illegal and that EAB was a major factor in the errors of the SAK model. A lot was mentioned about deer 2000 and how this could have been all avoided if the recommendations from that study were followed. It will be interesting how the reps will intemperate the testimony and what becomes of it. It's anybodies guess right now. They could just simply listen and hope that it's enough and do nothing, or they may start rolling heads out the door. I'd bet Mr Franks would be one of the first heads to roll after the hearing. lol   
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Previous

Return to Wisconsin