DNR Suggests Earn-a-Buck Stoppage

Bigfoot

RE: DNR Suggests Earn-a-Buck Stoppage

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:57 pm

think that's the story the news channels are getting fed(pardon the pun) because channel 13 in eau claire said the same thing on their 6pm broadcast

ORIGINAL: wack

I just heard a chanel 5 news promo saying, "Hunters are happy, about the DNR EAB proposal." I don't think they got that quite right. Are we happy? Did we get the job done? I for one don't think so.

wack

Postby wack » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:15 pm

Did anyone catch the news story about a letter sent out all around the capital square about feeding the squirrels peanuts on the capital lawn? Seems our tax dollars hard at work protecting the 4% of the population that maybe allergic to peanuts. They might roll around and eat peanuts off the ground, get sick or even die.

I'm bringing my tags and a big bag of peanuts, see ya all in Madison. lol
American by birth, hunter by choice.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:37 am

Well, thinking positively, this is a start.  Deep down it feels like just putting a band-aid on the problem for now, but time will tell.  One thing to note, I'm not all against EAB and herd control.  I think it can be used well if used in the right context.  But don't put a unit in EAB for three years straight and offer every hunter unlimited tags.  That's just ridiculous!

What would be nice would be to go back to the old system where there was a lottery for the doe tags, and you only get one buck tag per license. 
QDM!

Previous

Return to Wisconsin